Strengthen your ability to code accurately and obtain optimal reimbursement for medical services! Corresponding to the chapters in Carol J. Buck's Step-by-Step Medical Coding, 2014 Edition, this workbook offers review and practice with more than 1,500 questions, activities, and terminology exercises, and includes complete coverage of ICD-10-CM. It also includes over 90 original source documents to familiarize you with the reports you will encounter in practice.
New to This Edition
- Updated content includes the latest coding information available, promoting accurate coding and success on the job.
- Complete coverage of ICD-10-CM prepares you for the upcoming transition to ICD-10.
- Dual coding addresses the transition to ICD-10 by providing coding answers in both ICD-9 and ICD-10.
- Over 90 original source documents provide real-world experience with reports you will encounter in practice.
- Workbook questions follow the same format as the text, including multiple code icons.
- Theory, practice, and reporting exercises help you master key concepts and apply your knowledge.
2. An Overview of ICD-10-CM
3. ICD-10-CM Outpatient Coding and Reporting Guidelines
4. Using ICD-10-CM
5. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 1-10)
6. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 11-14)
7. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 15-21)
8. An Overview of ICD-9-CM
9. ICD-9-CM Outpatient Coding and Reporting Guidelines
10. Using ICD-9-CM
11. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-9-CM Chapters 1-8)
12. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-9-CM Chapters 9-17)
13. Introduction to CPT and Level II National Codes (HCPCS)
15. Evaluation and Management (E/M) Services
17. Surgery Guidelines and General Surgery
18. Integumentary System
19. Musculoskeletal System
20. Respiratory System
21. Cardiovascular System
22. Hemic, Lymphatic, Mediastinum, and Diaphragm
23. Digestive System
24. Urinary and Male Genital Systems
25. Reproductive, Intersex Surgery, Female Genital System, Maternity Care and Delivery
26. Endocrine and Nervous Systems
27. Eye, Ocular Adnexa, Auditory, and Operating Microscope
31. Inpatient Coding
Appendix A: Reports
Appendix B: Answers to Workbook Questions
Create an Account
My Account Information