A Nurse's Survival Guide to Drugs in Practice E-BOOK
This book will help you to
- Have drug information to hand on the ward or in the community
- Quickly access information on administering or prescribing
- Discover what effects different drugs have on the body systems
- Deal with adverse drug reactions
- Handle emergency situations such as cardiac arrest and anaphylaxis
- Avoid drug overdoses.
· Comprehensive coverage of drugs in use to offer security in any clinical setting
· Succinct and clear information in boxes, lists etc to facilitate assimilation of information 'on the spot'
· Attractive page design and well signposted layout to enable quick access to the right information
· Flexicover to maintain quality in a clinical setting and when frequently used
· Covers basic pharmacology including drug absorption and metabolism as well as explaining how drugs actually work
· Fully up to date with government guidelines e,g, from NICE, the Resuscitation Council and the British Thoracic Society etc.
· Additional sections on the legal aspects of administering and prescribing drugs, drug calculations and paediatric doses
|Author Information||By Ann Richards, BA(Hons), MSc DipN(Lon), RGN,RNT, Associate Lecturer, The Open University, UK|
|Stock Status||In Stock|