Abeloff's Clinical Oncology E-Book , 6th Edition
Easily accessible and clinically focused, Abeloff's Clinical Oncology, 6th Edition, covers recent advances in our understanding of the pathophysiology of cancer, cellular and molecular causes of cancer initiation and progression, new and emerging therapies, current trials, and much more. Masterfully authored by an international team of leading cancer experts, it offers clear, practical coverage of everything from basic science to multidisciplinary collaboration on diagnosis, staging, treatment and follow up.
- Includes new chapters on Cancer Metabolism and Clinical Trial Designs in Oncology and a standalone chapter on lifestyles and cancer prevention.
- Features extensive updates including the latest clinical practice guidelines, decision-making algorithms, and clinical trial implications, as well as new content on precision medicine, genetics, and PET/CT imaging.
- Includes revised diagnostic and treatment protocols for medical management, surgical considerations, and radiation oncology therapies, stressing a multispecialty, integrated approach to care.
- Helps you find information quickly with updated indexing related to management recommendations, focused fact summaries, updated key points at the beginning of each chapter ideal for quick reference and board review, and algorithms for patient evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment options.
- Offers more patient care coverage in disease chapters, plus new information on cancer as a chronic illness and cancer survivorship.
- Discusses today's key topics such as immuno-oncology, functional imaging, precision medicine, the application of genetics in pathologic diagnosis and sub-categorization of tumors as well as the association of chronic infectious diseases such as HIV and cancer.
|Author Informaiton||By John E. Niederhuber, MD, Executive Vice President, Inova Health System; CEO and Director, Inova Comprehensive Cancer and Research Institute; CEO Inova Translational Medicine Institute, Falls Church, Virginia; Professor, Oncology and Surgery, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine; Deputy Director, Johns Hopkins Clinical Research Network, Baltimore, Maryland; James O. Armitage, MD, Joe Shapiro Professor of Medicine, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska; James H Doroshow, MD, Bethesda, Maryland; Michael B. Kastan, MD, PhD, Executive Director, Duke Cancer Institute; William W. Shingleton Professor, Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Durham, North Carolina and Joel E. Tepper, MD, Hector MacLean Distinguished Professor of Cancer Research, Department of Radiation Oncology, University of North Carolina Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, North Carolina|
Our ebooks are Vitalsource files to open with the Bookshelf library. Here are the steps to quickly read your eBook.
- Create your account on the Vitalsource Bookshelf
- Insert the access code that will be sent to you by email or found on your account, section "my ebooks"
- Validate and your ebook is available
Namely: you can consult your eBook either online or after downloading the application Bookshelf on your tablet / smartphone.
Four downloads are possible: two on a landline and two on mobile. VitalSource technology allows you to read, navigate, search, highlight and annotate your work with ease and synchronization across multiple media.
A question about how to download and read your ebook? Click here If you have any difficulty accessing your e-books, please contact us via our contact form or call us on the following number: 01 71 16 55 99. Our services are open Monday to Thursday from 9 am to 6 pm hours and Fridays from 9am to 5pm.