10 % off New Paperback
Addiction Psychiatric Medicine
Easy to read and use, Addiction Psychiatric Medicine: A Comprehensive Board Review provides a systematic and comprehensive review of all diseases and disorders frequently tested on addiction psychiatry and addiction medicine board examinations. This high-yield manual is divided into two sections: the first section contains short chapters covering important topics in addiction medicine and psychiatry, including alcohol, sedatives, opioids, tobacco, cannabis, and stimulants; the second section divides questions into three 50-question blocks to resemble the board exam format. This learning tool is essential for exam study in addiction psychiatry or addiction medicine and an excellent resource for interacting with patients with substance abuse disorders.
- Includes close to 300 multiple choice questions and detailed answer explanations
- Presents information on clinical concepts, etiologies of diseases, treatments, and preventive measures in a format that's easy to remember and apply, with tables and clinical points.
- Includes commonly missed concepts on exams for addiction psychiatry and addiction medicine to help users achieve optimal sores.
- Offers quick access to high-yield content critical for success on board exams, clinical clerkships, and medical practice.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access the question bank, plus all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
|Author Information||By Héctor Colón-Rivera, MD, MRO PA U.S.A. ; Elie G. Aoun, MD, MRO NYU, New York U.S.A. and Leila M. Vaezazizi, MD, MRO, FAPA, Columbia University, New York, NY, U.S.A|
|Table of Content||1 General Principles of Substance Use Disorders
2 Comorbidities of Substance Use Disorders
3 Neurobiology of Addiction
4 Alcohol Use Disorder
5 Sedatives and Hypnotics
6 Opioid Use Disorder
7 Tobacco and Other Nicotine Products
8 Cannabis Use Disorder
9 Stimulant Use Disorder
10 Dissociative Drugs, Hallucinogens, Caffeine, Inhalants, and Other Substance of Abuse
11 Aspects of Pain
12 Drug Testing, Forensic Addictions, and Ethics
13 Psychosocial Approaches to Substance Use Disorder Management
14 Practice Tests
14 Behavioral Addictions
|Trim||235 x 191 (7 1/2 x 9 1/4)|
|Stock Status||Coming Soon|
Write Your Own Review