25 % off New Hardback
Allergy Essentials, 2nd Edition
Perfect for clinicians in both primary and secondary care settings, Allergy Essentials, 2nd Edition, covers the information you need most in your daily practice, with a strong emphasis on disease diagnosis and management. In one concise, convenient volume, it covers all common allergies in children and adults, offering authoritative content from the world's leading allergy experts in conjunction with primary care/family practitioners for a practical, balanced approach. You'll find up-to-date information on everything from basic immunology and physiology to new medications, new therapies, and individualized treatment options, allowing you to confidently integrate these changes into your practice.
- Offers a practical approach to evaluation, differential diagnosis, and treatment of allergic disorders, focused specifically on what the non-specialist needs to know for everyday practice.
- Includes new content on allergen-specific immunotherapy as well as a new chapter on precision medicine.
- Covers the most recent allergy tests, including blood tests, and includes current discussions of biologicals as therapeutics.
- Provides focused, relevant information on basic immunology and physiology, epidemiology, and allergens.
- Begins each chapter with a handy summary of key concepts to help you quickly identify important information.
- Authored by the same internationally recognized experts that produce Middleton's Allergy, the definitive text in the field.
- An ideal resource for primary care providers who are increasingly seeing and treating patients with allergic conditions as well as allergists who need a concise and current practice reference.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
|Author Information||Edited by Robyn E O'Hehir, MD, Director, Department of Allergy, Immunology, and Respiratory Medicine Alfred Hospital Monash University Melbourne Australia ; Stephen T Holgate, MD, DSc, FMedSci, Clinical Professor of Immunopharmacology Medical Faculty in Clinical and Experimental Sciences; Gurjit K. Khurana Hershey, MD, PhD, Director, Division of Asthma Research; Co-Director, Office of Pediatric Clinical Fellowships; Professor, UC Department of Pediatrics, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH and Aziz Sheikh, MD, Professor of Primary Care Research and Development Co-Director of the Centre of Medical Informatics|
|Table of Content||1 Introduction to mechanisms of allergic diseases
2 Precision Medicine
3 Epidemiology of Allergic Diseases
4 Indoor and Outdoor Allergens and Pollutants
5 Principles of allergy diagnosis
6 Allergen-specific immunotherapy
8 Allergic rhinitis and conjunctivitis
9 Drug allergy
11 Atopic dermatitis and allergic contact dermatitis
12 Food allergy and gastrointestinal syndromes
14 Occupational allergy
15 Insect allergy
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|
|Stock Status||In Stock|
Write Your Own Review