Anesthesia Equipment, 3rd Edition
Offering highly visual, easy-to-read coverage of the full range of anesthesia equipment in use today, this authoritative reference is your go-to text for objective, informed answers to ensure optimal patient safety. Anesthesia Equipment, 3rd Edition, provides detailed information on the intricate workings of each device or workstation, keeping you fully up to date and helping you meet both equipment and patient care challenges.
- Remains unequalled in both depth and breadth of coverage, offering readable, concise guidance on all aspects of today's anesthesia machines and equipment.
- Details the latest machines, vaporizers, ventilators, breathing systems, vigilance, ergonomics, and simulation.
- Improves your understanding of the physical principles of equipment, the rationale for its use, delivery systems for inhalational anesthesia, systems monitoring, hazards and safety features, maintenance and quality assurance, special situations/equipment for non-routine adult anesthesia, and future directions for the field.
- Includes ASA Practice Parameters for care, and helps you ensure patient safety with detailed advice on risk management and medicolegal implications of equipment use.
- Highlights the text with hundreds of full-color line drawings and photographs, graphs, and charts.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
|Author Information||By Jan Ehrenwerth, MD; James B. Eisenkraft, MD, MRCP(UK), FFARCS and James M Berry, MD, Professor, Department of Anesthesiology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee|
"Overall, this is a very good, comprehensive, and accessible book on anaesthetic equipment and related concepts, one that I expect to refer to time and again, and that I highly recommend." -British Journal of Anaesthesia
|Table of Content||
PART 1 Gases and Ventilation
PART 2 System Monitors
PART 3 Patient Monitors
PART 4 Other Equipment
PART 5 Vigilance, Alarms, and Ergonomics
PART 6 Special Conditions
PART 7 Safety, Standards, and Quality
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|
|Stock Status||In Stock|