Atlas of Facial Implants, 2nd Edition
Over the past decade, tremendous innovations in technology, clinical applications, and implant design have transformed the field of facial implant surgery, leading to improved outcomes and greater patient satisfaction. The highly anticipated 2nd Edition of Atlas of Facial Implants, led by renowned plastic surgeon Dr. Michael J. Yaremchuk, brings you fully up to date with these changes, offering authoritative coverage of both aesthetic and reconstructive applications of alloplastic implants for recontouring the craniofacial skeleton.
- Provides step-by-step descriptions of each procedure enhanced by hundreds of color illustrations and color photographs depicting preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative views.
- Reviews indications for implant use, patient evaluation, and surgical planning, as well as pearls and pitfalls throughout.
- Discusses Computer-Aided Design (CAD)/Computed-Aided Manufacture (CAM) for both cranial reconstruction (cranioplasty) as well as aesthetic applications.
- Features new coverage of facial implants as an important adjunct in rejuvenative aesthetic surgery, as well as their role in refining orthognathic surgical procedures, surgical treatment of Graves' disease, and facial skeletal augmentation.
- Provides access to procedural videos depicting post orthognathic irregularities and imbalances, functional cranioplasty, and more.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
|Author Information||By Michael J. Yaremchuk, MD, Professor of Surgery, Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA|
"This book is well written, succinctly presented, and judiciously informative. It is a worthwhile read for surgeons who work on the facial skeleton."
-Jeffrey S. Rosenthal, MD (Bridgeport Hospital) Doody's Review Score: 92- 4 Stars!
|Table of Content||
Section 1 Background
1 Indications for facial implants
2 Evaluation and planning for facial implant surgery
3 Implant materials
4 Principles and operative technique for facial skeletal augmentation
Section 2 Upper face
6 Temporal augmentation
7 Internal orbit
Section 3 Midface
8 Infraorbital rim
10 Pyriform aperture
Section 4 Lower face
Section 5 Developing applications
13 Rejuvenation of the aging face and skeleton with implants
14 Designer faces: CAD/CAM facial implants
15 Implant refinement of postorthognathic surgery facial contour
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|
|Stock Status||In Stock|