Focusing on the key essentials you need to know, Axial Spondyloarthritis provides a quick, expert overview of axSpA from a clinical perspective. This concise resource by Drs. Philip Mease and Muhammad Khan presents practical recommendations and guidelines for the diagnosis, management, and treatment of spondyloarthritis impacting the axial skeleton alongside an overview of epidemiology, special populations, and patient education.
- Discusses key information on genetic factors and disease biomarkers.
- Presents an overview of clinical features, classification criteria, and imaging to aid in diagnosis.
- Covers management and treatment guidelines, including non-pharmacologic management and the use of biologics.
- Consolidates essential information on this timely topic into a single, convenient resource.
|Author Informaiton||By Philip Mease, Rheumatologist, Seattle Rheumatology Associates, Internal Medicine and Rheumatology; Seattle, WA, United States and Muhammad Asim Khan, Professor Emeritus of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH.|
|Pp Authortext||Mease & Khan|
|Table of Content||1. Introduction
2. Clinical Features, Physical Findings and Diagnosis of Axial Spondyloarthritis
3. Epidemiology of Axial Spondyloarthritis
4. Classification Criteria for Axial Spondyloarthritis
5. Genetics of Axial Spondyloarthritis
6. The Gut Microbiome and Ankylosing Spondylitis
7. Pathogenesis of Ankylosing Spondylitis
8. Bone Pathophysiology in Axial Spondyloarthritis
9. Clinical Assessment of Axial Spondyloarthritis
10. Imaging in Axial Spondyloarthritis
11. Extra-articular Manifestations: Uveitis, Colitis, Psoriasis
13. Non-Pharmacological Management of Axial Spondyloarthritis
14. Pharmacological Non-Biologic Management of Axial Spondyloarthritis
15. Biologic Treatment of Axial Spondyloarthritis
16. Treatment Guidelines for Axial Spondyloarthritis
17. Economic Evaluations in Axial Spondyloarthritis
18. Patient Education and Patient Service Organizations
|Trim||235 x 191 (7 1/2 x 9 1/4)|