Botulinum Toxin in Facial Rejuvenation E-Book , 2nd Edition
Now thoroughly revised to reflect state-of-the-art advances in the field, Botulinum Toxin in Facial Rejuvenation, 2nd Edition, covers the entire range of the use of botulinum toxin for cosmetic purposes. Dr. Kate Coleman offers practical guidance for safe handling, selection and assessment of patients, potential complications and pitfalls, and aesthetic techniques, as well as comparative modalities and long-term management. This is an ideal resource for anyone who offers this sought-after procedure, including cosmetic surgeons, oculoplastic surgeons, dermatologists, physician's assistants, and registered nurses.
- Features new, unique coverage of long-term management, picturing the same original patients 15 years later, as well as observations on how treatments should be adjusted as the patient gets older in order to respond to natural changes in bone density and underlying support structures.
- Presents new knowledge on neuromodulation and how treatment can be used to 'retrain' expressions to provide fewer frowns lines and better facial symmetry.
- Offers comparative information on other modalities such as laser and hyaluronic acid, as well as potential risk factors, so you can choose the best procedure for each patient.
- Discusses the various forms of botulinum toxin currently available on the market, with an emphasis on Botox, Xeomin, and Dysport.
- Uses full-color clinical photos of pre-, peri-, and post-operative results to illustrate nuances of techniques as well as the effectiveness of botulinum toxin on wrinkles and scars for the major facial areas.
- Provides current guidelines on treatment methods and best practices for reconstitution and storage.
- Discusses which patients may be at risk for adverse effects―or "worsening results"―and offers suitable alternatives.
|Author Informaiton||By Kate Coleman, BSc, PhD, FRCS, FRCOphth, Consultant Oculoplastic Surgeon, Blackrock Clinic, Dublin, Ireland|
|Table of Content||
Botulinum Toxin in Facial Rejuvenation, 2e
2. Types of Botulinum Toxin and Mode of Action
3. Indications and Usage
4. Preparation and Storage
5. Injection Technique
6. The ART and Neuromodulation
7. The ART of Patient Selection: Short and Long Term Management
8. Contraindications and Complications
9. Crow's Feet
10. Management of Forehead Wrinkles
11. Perioral Region and Scars
12. Other Solutions
13. Guide to Good Cosmetic Practice
14. Other Indications
Our ebooks are Vitalsource files to open with the Bookshelf library. Here are the steps to quickly read your eBook.
- Create your account on the Vitalsource Bookshelf
- Insert the access code that will be sent to you by email or found on your account, section "my ebooks"
- Validate and your ebook is available
Namely: you can consult your eBook either online or after downloading the application Bookshelf on your tablet / smartphone.
Four downloads are possible: two on a landline and two on mobile. VitalSource technology allows you to read, navigate, search, highlight and annotate your work with ease and synchronization across multiple media.
A question about how to download and read your ebook? Click here If you have any difficulty accessing your e-books, please contact us via our contact form or call us on the following number: 01 71 16 55 99. Our services are open Monday to Thursday from 9 am to 6 pm hours and Fridays from 9am to 5pm.