Botulinum Toxin in Facial Rejuvenation, 2nd Edition
Now thoroughly revised to reflect state-of-the-art advances in the field, Botulinum Toxin in Facial Rejuvenation, 2nd Edition, covers the entire range of the use of botulinum toxin for cosmetic purposes. Dr. Kate Coleman offers practical guidance for safe handling, selection and assessment of patients, potential complications and pitfalls, and aesthetic techniques, as well as comparative modalities and long-term management. This is an ideal resource for anyone who offers this sought-after procedure, including cosmetic surgeons, oculoplastic surgeons, dermatologists, physician's assistants, and registered nurses.
- Features new, unique coverage of long-term management, picturing the same original patients 15 years later, as well as observations on how treatments should be adjusted as the patient gets older in order to respond to natural changes in bone density and underlying support structures.
- Presents new knowledge on neuromodulation and how treatment can be used to 'retrain' expressions to provide fewer frowns lines and better facial symmetry.
- Offers comparative information on other modalities such as laser and hyaluronic acid, as well as potential risk factors, so you can choose the best procedure for each patient.
- Discusses the various forms of botulinum toxin currently available on the market, with an emphasis on Botox, Xeomin, and Dysport.
- Uses full-color clinical photos of pre-, peri-, and post-operative results to illustrate nuances of techniques as well as the effectiveness of botulinum toxin on wrinkles and scars for the major facial areas.
- Provides current guidelines on treatment methods and best practices for reconstitution and storage.
- Discusses which patients may be at risk for adverse effects?or "worsening results"?and offers suitable alternatives.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
|Author Information||By Kate Coleman, BSc, PhD, FRCS, FRCOphth, Consultant Oculoplastic Surgeon, Blackrock Clinic, Dublin, Ireland|
|Table of Content||
Botulinum Toxin in Facial Rejuvenation, 2e
2. Types of Botulinum Toxin and Mode of Action
3. Indications and Usage
4. Preparation and Storage
5. Injection Technique
6. The ART and Neuromodulation
7. The ART of Patient Selection: Short and Long Term Management
8. Contraindications and Complications
9. Crow's Feet
10. Management of Forehead Wrinkles
11. Perioral Region and Scars
12. Other Solutions
13. Guide to Good Cosmetic Practice
14. Other Indications
|Trim||229 x 152 (6 x 9)|
|Stock Status||In Stock|