The Hip and Pelvis
Linking theory to practice through the use of authentic clinical cases, Dr. Steven D. Waldman's Pain Medicine: A Case-Based Learning Series helps readers acquire the valuable skill of effective diagnostic thinking in daily practice. The Hip and Pelvis volume uses an in-depth case format, preparing you to correctly analyze clinical vignettes and formulate a clinically sound, evidence-based approach to realistic patient scenarios. This highly effective leaning and assessment tool provides practical clinical insights into the best methods for diagnosis and treatment for the successful management of patients with hip and pelvis-related pain.
- Presents real-world patients in a real-world clinical setting, making learning fun and engaging.
- The Case-Based Learning approach focuses learners and clinicians on the key elements for each diagnosis and helps develop a deep understanding of how to diagnose and treat each condition.
- Covers everyday clinical problems such as Osteoarthritis of the Hip, Fracture of the Hip and Pelvis, Meralgia Paresthetica, Trochanteric Bursitis, Snapping Hip Syndrome, Obturator Neuralgia, Adductor Tendinitis, Sacroiliac Joint Pain, Coccydynia, and more.
- Cases unfold just the way they do in your clinic. Each case is accompanied with thoughtful clinical commentary and key messages from the author.
- Each chapter uses high-quality radiographic images, clinical photos, and full-color drawings to facilitate a clear, easy-to-understand approach to evaluation and diagnosis.
- An ideal self-assessment and review tool for pain medicine practitioners and trainees, as well as those preparing for the American Board of Anesthesiology Pain Medicine certification and recertification exam.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
|Author Information||Edited by Steven D. Waldman, MD, JD, Clinical Professor of Anesthesiology, Professor of Medical Humanities and Bioethics, University of Missouri-Kansas City, Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A.|
|Table of Content|| Transmittal Materials
1 Addie Brooks: A 52-year-old Female with right hip and groin pain
2 Sandy Brooks: A 69-year-old Female with Left Hip and Groin Pain
3 Beth Nash: A 25-year-old Female with right groin pain
4 Bob Hamilton: A 42-year-old Male with Numbness in the Lateral Thigh
5 Becky Hanna: A 27-year-old Female with Severe Left Hip Pain
6 Carol Kane: A 23-year-old Female with Buttocks and Posterior Hip Pain
7 Jimmie Kaline: A 27-year-old Male with a Snapping Hip
8 Zoey Hart: A 25-year-old Female with Suprapubic Pain
9 Avi Rudin: A 68-year-old Male with Anterior Thigh and Medial Calf Pain and Difficulty Walking Up Stairs
10 Mario Berbiglia: A 72-year-old Male with Medial Thigh Pain Following a Total Hip Arthroplasty
11 KayLeigh McIlhenny: A 21-year-old Female with Right Groin Pain Following a Cheerleading Accident
12 Ashley Stubbs: A 32-year-old Male with a Dull Ache in the Buttocks and Pain Down the Back of the Thigh and Calf after a Fall on the Ice
13 Carrie Matheson: A 30-year-old Female with Shooting Rectal Pain
14 Meredith Grace: A 32-year-old Female with Right Ill-Defined Low Back and Buttocks Pain
15 Buddy Johnson: A 32-year-old Male with Tailbone Pain after a Fall off a Ladder
|Trim||229 x 152 (6 x 9)|
|Stock Status||In Stock|