25 % off New Paperback
A Manual of Orthopaedic Terminology, 9th Edition
Now completely updated regarding the latest procedures, materials, devices, classification systems, and technologies, A Manual of Orthopaedic Terminology, 9th Edition, is an invaluable reference for anyone who needs access to the most up-to-date terms, acronyms, and codes related to clinical orthopaedics and research. This portable guide allows for quick searches both in print and online, categorizing and cross-referencing terms so that those unfamiliar with orthopaedics can locate a term in its proper context. Unlike a traditional A-Z dictionary format, terms are organized by topic?facilitating faster search results with related terms appearing on the same or immediately adjacent page.
- Contains extensive updates from cover to cover, including new terminology and acronyms in all areas of clinical orthopaedics and research.
- Organizes information by topic, helping you find related information quickly and easily.
- Presents basic science terms as they relate to clinically relevant issues, and clarifies terms used in injury and insurance claims with immediately neighboring relative terms.
- Features an extensive index, an appendix of ICD codes, clear writing and full-color illustrations, an appendix of acronyms, and tables clarifying disease processes-all designed to make information understandable and easily accessible to both the lay reader and the health care professional.
- Helps you stay abreast of the latest terminology with new terms provided by contributors who are orthopaedic researchers from across the country and whose expertise provides current information on terminology and procedures.
- Ideal for anyone needing a working knowledge of orthopaedic terminology-from the transcriptionist, insurance adjuster, or medical device salesperson to surgeons, radiologists, medical students, and those in physical and occupational therapy, operating rooms, general medicine, massage therapy, and much more.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
|Author Information||By Fred R. T. Nelson, MD, FAAOS, Emeritus, Orthopaedics, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan and Carolyn Taliaferro Blauvelt, Formerly Writer-Editor, Medical-Dental Publications, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, National Naval Medical Center; Department of Surgery, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland|
|Table of Content|| Foreword
1 Classifications of Fractures, Dislocations, and Sports-Related Injuries
2 Musculoskeletal Diseases and Related Terms
3 Imaging Techniques
4 Orthopaedic Tests, Signs, and Maneuvers
5 Laboratory Evaluations
6 Casts, Splints, Dressings, and Traction
7 Prosthetics and Orthotics
8 Anatomy and Orthopaedic Surgery
9 The Spine
10 The Hand and Wrist
11 The Foot and Ankle
12 Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation: Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy
13 The Research Enterprise
Appendix 1: Orthopaedic Abbreviations
Appendix 2: Anatomic Positions and Directions
Appendix 3: Etymology of Orthopaedics
|Trim||235 x 191 (7 1/2 x 9 1/4)|
|Stock Status||In Stock|
Write Your Own Review