A Manual of Orthopaedic Terminology E-Book, 8th Edition
- Find information quickly with chapters Organized by topic for easy reference.
- Maximize reimbursement with a full appendix of ICD Codes.
- Take your reference with you thanks to Pocket Consult Technology for ultimate portability.
- Keep ahead of the curve with new chapters on Anatomy and Orthopaedic Surgery, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Musculoskeletal Research, and Laboratory Evaluations.
In its 38th year, A Manual of Orthopaedic Terminology has been a companion reference for anyone who needs the most up-to-date terms, acronyms, and codes terms relating to clinical orthopaedics and research. Portable and easily accessible, this authoritative compilation categorizes and cross-references terms to enable those unfamiliar with orthopaedics to locate a term in its proper context. Unlike a traditional A-Z dictionary format, terms are organized by topic-facilitating faster search results with related terms appearing on the same or immediately adjacent page.
- Consult this title on your favorite e-reader .
- Understand basic science terms as they relate to clinically relevant issues.
- Clarifies terms used in injury and insurance claims with immediately neighboring relative terms.
- Find information quickly with chapters organized by topic for easy reference.
|Author Information||By Fred R. T. Nelson, MD, FAAOS, Emeritus, Orthopaedics, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan and Carolyn Taliaferro Blauvelt, Formerly Writer-Editor, Medical-Dental Publications, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, National Naval Medical Center; Department of Surgery, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland|
|Table of Content||
1 Classifications of Fractures, Dislocations, and Sports-Related Injuries
2 Musculoskeletal Diseases and Related Terms
3 Imaging Techniques
4 Orthopaedic Tests, Signs, and Maneuvers
5 Laboratory Evaluations
6 Casts, Splints, Dressings, and Traction
7 Prosthetics and Orthotics
8 Anatomy and Orthopaedic Surgery
9 The Spine
10 The Hand and Wrist
11 The Foot and Ankle
12 Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation: Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy
13 The Research Enterprise
Appendix A Orthopaedic Abbreviations
Appendix B Anatomic Positions and Directions
Appendix C Etymology of Orthopaedics