Chronic Kidney Disease, Dialysis, and Transplantation E-Book , 4th Edition
- Contains expanded content on economics and outcomes of treatment, as well as acute kidney injury.
- Covers hot topics such as the genetic causes of chronic kidney disease, ethical challenges and palliative care, and home hemodialysis.
- Discusses the latest advances in hypertensive kidney disease, vitamin D deficiency, diabetes management, transplantation, and more.
- Provides a clear visual understanding of complex information with high-quality line drawings, photographs, and diagnostic and treatment algorithms.
|Author Informaiton||By Jonathan Himmelfarb, MD, Professor of Medicine, Joseph W. Eschbach Endowed Chair for Kidney Research; Director, Kidney Research Institute, Dept. of Medicine, Div. of Nephrology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA and T. Alp Ikizler, MD, Catherine McLaughlin Hakim Professor of Medicine, Director of Clinical Research in Nephrology, Director, Master of Science in Clinical Investigation Program, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennesse|
|Table of Content||
Himmelfarb: Chronic Kidney Disease, Dialysis, and Transplantation, 4e
Section 1: Chronic Kidney Disease
1. Chronic Kidney Disease: Definitions, Epidemiology, Cost, and Outcomes
2. Measurement and Estimation of Kidney Function
3. Diabetic Kidney Disease
4. Hypertensive Kidney Disease
5. Chronic Kidney Disease in the Elderly
6. The Pediatric Patient with Chronic Kidney Disease
7. Genetic Causes of Chronic Kidney DiseaseSection 2: Complications and Management of Chronic Kidney Disease
8. The Role of the Chronic Kidney Disease Clinic and Multidisciplinary Team Care
9. Anemia in Chronic Kidney Disease
10. Mineral Bone Disorders in Chronic Kidney Disease
11. Vitamin D Disorders in Chronic Kidney Disease
12. Cardiovascular Disease in Chronic Kidney Disease
13. Nutrition, Metabolism and Hormonal Function in Chronic Kidney Disease
14. Inflammation in Chronic Kidney Disease
15. Sleep Disorders in Chronic Kidney Disease
16. Depression and Neurocognitive Function in Chronic Kidney Disease
17. Medication Management in Chronic Kidney Disease
18. The Pathophysiology of Uremia
19. Timing and Initiation and Modality Options for Renal Replacement Therapy
20. Ethical Challenges and the Role of Palliative Care in Kidney Disease
Section 3: Dialysis
21. Dialysis and End Stage Kidney Disease: Epidemiology, Cost, and Outcomes
22. Principles of Hemodialysis
23. Vascular Access
24. Hemodialysis Adequacy
25. Hemodialysis-Associated Infections
26. Acute Complications Associated with Hemodialysis
27. Frequent Hemodialysis: Physiological, Epidemiological, and Practical Aspects
28. Home Hemodialysis
29. Peritoneal Physiology
30. The Utilization and Outcomes of Peritoneal Dialysis
31. Peritoneal Dialysis Solutions, Prescription and Adequacy
32. Peritoneal Dialysis-Related Infections
33. Noninfectious Complications of Peritoneal Dialysis
Section 4: Transplantation
34. Transplant epidemiology, costs and outcomes
35. Transplantation Immunobiology
36. Evaluation of Donors and Recipients
37. Surgical Management of the Renal Transplant Recipient
38. Immunosuppresive Therapy
39. Diagnosis and Therapy of Graft Dysfunction
40. Infection in Renal Transplant Recipients
41. Noninfectious Complications after Kidney Transplantation
42. Recurrent and De Novo Renal Diseases after Kidney Transplantation
43. Pediatric Renal Transplantation
44. Chronic Kidney Disease in the Kidney Transplant Recipient
Section 5: Acute Kidney Injury
45. Acute Kidney Injury: Epidemiology, Costs and Outcomes
46. Metabolic and Nutritional Complications of Acute Kidney Injury
47. Acute Kidney Injury Diagnostics and Biomarkers
48. Pharmacological Interventions in Acute Kidney Injury
49. Dialytic Management for Acute Renal Failure
50. Extracorporeal Treatment of Poisonings
Our ebooks are Vitalsource files to open with the Bookshelf library. Here are the steps to quickly read your eBook.
- Create your account on the Vitalsource Bookshelf
- Insert the access code that will be sent to you by email or found on your account, section "my ebooks"
- Validate and your ebook is available
Namely: you can consult your eBook either online or after downloading the application Bookshelf on your tablet / smartphone.
Four downloads are possible: two on a landline and two on mobile. VitalSource technology allows you to read, navigate, search, highlight and annotate your work with ease and synchronization across multiple media.
A question about how to download and read your ebook? Click here If you have any difficulty accessing your e-books, please contact us via our contact form or call us on the following number: 01 71 16 55 99. Our services are open Monday to Thursday from 9 am to 6 pm hours and Fridays from 9am to 5pm.