Clinical Anatomy and Physiology of the Visual System, 4th Edition
Providing the ocular anatomy and physiology content needed for a thorough comprehension of this complex field, Clinical Anatomy and Physiology of the Visual System, 4th Edition, offers a solid foundation for recognizing and understanding specific clinical situations and how they relate to anatomic structure. This concise, well-referenced resource covers the clinical anatomy of the eye, its adnexa and visual pathways, and histologic information-the information you need for success in coursework, certification exams, and clinical practice.
- Features vivid, full-color illustrations that help you visualize the clinical anatomy of the eye along with the cellular physiology behind diseases and disorders of the visual system.
- Emphasizes clinical application throughout, helping you better understand the processes that occur in disease and dysfunction. Clinical Comment sections offer a unique focus on clinical situations, conditions, diseases, and treatments.
- Contains new OCT, OCTA, MRI, and CT images that demonstrate clinical views of ocular anatomy. OCT technology is incorporated to describe the retinal layers, newly described anatomical components of the vitreous, corneal and anterior chamber angle anatomy, and the choroidal and retinal vasculature.
- Covers current topics such as genes essential in eye development, scleral and choroidal changes occurring with myopia progression, limbal stem cells, age-related macular degeneration and VEGF therapies, and microinvasive glaucoma surgical procedures.
- Includes updated concepts and terminology: Edinger Westfall preganglionic cells, sensory innervation to the cornea, knees of Wilbrand, intrinsically photosensitive retinal ganglion cells, and more.
- Provides expert coverage by a practicing optometrist, giving you a practical framework for recognizing and understanding clinical situations, problems, and treatments.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
|Author Information||By Lee Ann Remington, OD, MS,FAAO, Associate Professor of Optometry, Pacific University College of Optometry, Forest Grove, OR and Denise Goodwin|
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|
|Stock Status||In Stock|
Write Your Own Review