Communication, 4th Edition
Written by Gjyn O'Toole, Communication: Core Interpersonal Skills for Healthcare Professionals 4e is an essential guide to clear and effective communication in a multidisciplinary healthcare setting.
Divided into four sections, the fourth edition challenges the reader to reflect upon their personal communication style and habits; introduces strategies and skills to enhance future practice, and encourages the development of confidence through activities, scenarios and case studies.
This fully revised fourth edition will appeal to health science students and clinicians seeking to communicate more effectively in an increasingly complex healthcare environment.
- A focus on digital communication - includes overviews and tips on navigating professional and personal electronic media
- Individual and group activities throughout to encourage skill development, reflection and awareness of self and others
- An extensive suite of scenarios - practise and apply your communication skills using realistic situations and individuals that healthcare professionals encounter in clinical practice
Additional resources on Evolve
eBook on VitalSource
- Answers to end-of-chapter review questions
- Student quiz (True/False)
- Semester Planner
- Tutorial activities
- Image bank
- Student quiz (MCQ's)
|Author Information||By Gjyn O'Toole, MEdStud, BA, GradDipTEFL, DipOT, Senior Lecturer Occupational Therapy, School of Health Sciences, The University of Newcastle, Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia|
|Table of Content||
Section 1: The significance of effective interpersonal communication of the healthcare professional
Section 2: Achieving effective communication by developing awareness within the healthcare professional
Section 3: Managing realities of communication as a healthcare professional
Section 4: Scenarios to guide communication: opportunities for healthcare professionals to practise communicating effectively with 'the Person/s'
|Trim||235 x 191 (7 1/2 x 9 1/4)|
|Stock Status||In Stock|