Complications in Orthopaedics: Sports Medicine
One of the hallmarks of a master surgeon is the ability to navigate a wide variety of inevitable difficult situations in surgery, whether errors in judgment, technical mistakes, or unavoidable outcomes. Complications in Orthopaedic Surgery is a new series designed to provide real-world guidance on recognizing and avoiding errors, as well as how to "course-correct during surgery. In this inaugural volume dedicated to sports medicine surgery, series editor Dr. Stephen R. Thompson and Dr. Matthew Schmitz describe and demonstrate practical solutions that are integral to improving patient outcomes.
- Covers a wide variety of procedures, including meniscus repair and transplantation, revision ACL reconstruction, pediatric ACL surgery, cartilage surgery in adults and children, knee osteotomies, acromioclavicular surgery, hip arthroscopy, and much more.
- Describes and offers solutions to the most common or most devastating errors and complications in the practice of sports medicine surgery, combining the breadth of knowledge of academic surgeons with the in-the-trenches skills of community surgeons.
- Uses an easy-to-follow, standardized chapter format that covers preoperative errors, intraoperative issues, and postoperative complications.
- Includes procedural video clips to reinforce discussions in the text.
- Features a full-color design with numerous photographs, radiographs, and illustrations.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
|Author Informaiton||Edited by Stephen R. Thompson, MD, MEd, FRCSC, Cooperating Associate Professor of Sports Medicine, University of Maine, Medical Director, EMMC Sports Health, Deputy Editor, The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, Eastern Maine Medical Center Bangor, Maine; Cofounder and Codirector, Miller Review Course Part II, Denver , Colorado and Matthew Schmitz|
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|
|Stock Status||Coming Soon|
Write Your Own Review