· Covers acute management of concussions, diagnostic criteria, neuroimaging, biomarkers, chronic traumatic encephalopathy and return-to-play, school and duty protocols.
· Discusses special populations, including pediatrics, sports, military and veteran patients.
· Cover post -concussive syndrome and its management of sequalae after concussion.
This practical reference, edited by Drs. Blessen C. Eapen and David X. Cifu, covers the full spectrum of assessment, management, and rehabilitation after concussion. It includes best practices and considerations for numerous patient populations and their unique needs in an easy-to-read, concise format. Geared toward physiatrists, neurologists, primary care physicians, and rehabilitation professionals, this book provides the key information you need to guide your treatment plans and help patients recover after concussion.
- Consolidates the most current information and guidance in this challenging and diverse area into one convenient resource.
- Covers acute management of concussions, diagnostic criteria, neuroimaging, biomarkers, chronic traumatic encephalopathy and return-to-play, school, and duty protocols.
- Discusses special populations, including pediatrics, sports, military, and veteran patients.
- Covers post-concussive syndrome and its management of sequelae after concussion.
|Author Informaiton||By Blessen C. Eapen, MD, Chief, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Health Sciences Associate Clinical Professor, Department of Medicine David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA and David X. Cifu, MD, Professor and Chairman, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia; National Director for Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Services, Office of Rehabilitation and Prosthetic Services, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Washington, District of Columbia|
|Table of Content||
1 Acute Management of Concussion and Diagnostic Criteria
|Trim||235 x 191 (7 1/2 x 9 1/4)|
|Stock Status||In Stock|