Contact Lens Complications , 3rd Edition
- Thoroughly revised, capturing the latest advances and concepts in contact lens related ocular pathology.
- Updated 'complications quick-find index' at the beginning of the book, constituting a valuable practitioner aid to formulating a rapid diagnosis and treatment plan, and serving students as a useful examination study aid.
- 350 new references (now over 1,250 in total) as the basis of a thorough evidence-based approach.
- 80 superb new illustrations (now 480 in total) to assist instant recognition of clinical signs.
- Grading scales for 16 contact lens complications, making this the most comprehensive and widely-used grading system available today.
- Pictorial tear film classification system.
Effectively manage even the most challenging contact lens complications with help from Contact Lens Complications, 3rd Edition! Award-winning author, clinician, and researcher Professor Nathan Efron presents a thoroughly up-to-date, clinician-friendly guide to identifying, understanding, and managing ocular response to contact lens wear.
- Evaluate and manage patients efficiently with an organization that parallels your clinical decision making, arranging complications logically by tissue pathologies.
- Turn to the lavish illustrations and full-color schematic diagrams for a quick visual understanding of the causes and remedies for contact lens complications.
|Author Informaiton||By Nathan Efron, BScOptom PhD (Melbourne), DSc (Manchester), FAAO (Dip CCLRT), FIACLE, FCCLSA, FBCLA, FACO, Research Professor, School of Optometry and Vision Science, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia|
|New to this Edition||
"Armed with Efron's Contact Lens Complications, practitioners will be well prepared to help contact lens patients with successful lens wear. Every contact lens practice needs access to this book." Clinical and Experimental Optometry 96. 3 May 2013
"It is truly a companion to the Efron Grading Scales. It is a book that will be often used, and the comprehensive cited reference section is invaluable and will satisfy any curious mind. Overall, the book is a nice addition as a clinical reference in contact lenses and their related ocular pathologies." Optometry and Vision Science, Vol. 90, No. 3, March 2013
"In summary, this latest third edition has been completely updated and revised to reflect the most current knowledge, research findings, technological developments, and updates in the contact lens field. Its easy-to-use design and systematic approach provide instant access to information that is ideal for use in a busy clinic or for exam revision." Optician, Dec 2012
".we now have the whole edition available online via ExpertConsult.com. One simply visits the website, types in the activation code and hey presto you can access every page, image and more. The morphs are available for online viewing (or download) as is a grading tutor, which I found very useful. The good news is that this 3rd edition contains around 60% more pages but costs around 40% less than the 2nd edition. It's a no brainer really." New Zealand Optics, Sept 2012
|Table of Content||
Part I EXAMINATION AND GRADING
Chapter 1 Anterior eye examination
Chapter 2 Grading scales
Chapter 3 Grading morphs
Part II EYELIDS
Chapter 4 Blinking abnormalities
Chapter 5 Eyelid ptosis
Chapter 6 Meibomian gland dysfunction
Chapter 7 Eyelash disorders
Part III TEAR FILM
Chapter 8 Dry eye
Chapter 9 Mucin balls
Part IV CONJUNCTIVA
Chapter 10 Conjunctival staining
Chapter 11 Conjunctival redness
Chapter 12 Papillary conjunctivitis
Part V LIMBUS
Chapter 13 Limbal redness
Chapter 14 Vascularised limbal keratitis
Chapter 15 Superior limbic keratoconjunctivitis
Part VI CORNEAL EPITHELIUM
Chapter 16 Corneal staining
Chapter 17 Epithelial microcysts
Chapter 18 Epithelial oedema
Chapter 19 Epithelial wrinkling
Part VII CORNEAL STROMA
Chapter 20 Stromal oedema
Chapter 21 Stromal thinning
Chapter 22 Deep stromal opacities
Chapter 23 Corneal neovascularisation
Chapter 24 Corneal infiltrative events
Chapter 25 Microbial keratitis
Chapter 26 Corneal warpage
Part VIII CORNEAL ENDOTHELIUM
Chapter 27 Endothelial bedewing
Chapter 28 Endothelial blebs
Chapter 29 Endothelial cell redistribution
Chapter 30 Endothelial polymegethism
Appendix A Grading scales for contact lens complications system
Appendix B Guillon tear film classification
|Trim||276 x 219|