10 % off Paperback
Crash Course: Muscles, Bones and Skin , 3rd Edition
- Crash Course: Muscles, Bones and Skin provides the exam syllabus in one place!
- Written by senior medical students or junior doctors - authors who really understand today's exam situation.
- Senior Faculty Advisors ensure complete accuracy of the text.
- Full artwork programme, improved 'Hints and Tips' boxes, and 'Clinical Application' boxes help you remember the key points.
Covering all aspects of the syllabus, Crash Course offers students a fast way to recap on what they need to know to get through the exams with ease. Styled in an easy-to-follow, readily accessible format, each book is prepared by senior medical students or junior doctors - under faculty supervision - to give them the correct level of information perfectly tailored to current curricula requirements. The series now includes improved pedagogic features and a fully revised self-assessment section, updated to meet current examination needs.
- Provides the exam syllabus in one place!
- Written by senior medical students or junior doctors - authors who really understand today's exam situation!
- Senior Faculty Advisors ensure complete accuracy of the text!
- Full artwork programme, improved 'Hints and Tips' boxes, and 'Clinical Application' boxes help you remember the key points!
- Self-Assessment section - fully updated to reflect new curriculum requirements - helps you maximise your grade!
- Solid, accurate, user-friendly coverage provides enough detail even for those aiming at distinction!
|Author Information||By Judith Ritchie, Medical student, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK|
|Published Reviews||"The Crash course series is a series of revision books which are written by senior medical students for other medical students and they contain everything you need to know for an exam. All the Crash Course texts present their subjects in a sharp, concise and easy to follow manner. The text is well spaced, and complemented with illustrations wherever appropriate. The layout is clear and logical. The language is simple and the facts are being presented almost in note form, which is a key feature of this series, enabling the student to absorb facts more easily without overwhelming the reader. And when you think you are ready for the exam you can test your knowledge by filling in multiple choice, short answers and extended matching questions which are in every crash course title. This series is the best way to prepare for an exam and I would recommend it to everyone."
Medical Student, Maastricht University, Netherlands (series review)
|Table of Content||Part I: Basic Medical Science of Muscles, Bones and Skin
1. MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM - AN OVERVIEW
Overview of the musculoskeletal system
2. SKELETAL MUSCLE
Skeletal muscle contraction
Cellular physiology of skeletal muscle
Functions of skeletal muscle
Disorders of skeletal muscle
3. CARDIAC AND SMOOTH MUSCLE
Disorders of cardiac muscle
Disorders of smooth muscle
Overview of the skeleton
Organization of bone and cartilage
Bone formation, growth and remodelling
Bone and metabolic homoeostasis
Disorders of bone
Infections and trauma
Metabolic diseases of bone
Tumours of the skeleton
Other diseases of bone
5. JOINTS AND RELATED STRUCTURES
Classification of joints
Structure and function of joints
Blood supply and lymph drainage of joints
Nerve supply of joints
Disorders affecting specific joints
Organization of the skin
Functions of the skin
Derivative structures of the skin
7. DISORDERS OF THE SKIN
Terminology of skin disorders
Inflammation and skin eruptions
Infections and infestations
Disorders of specific skin structures
Disorders of pigmentation
Inherited disorders of the skin
Connective tissue disorders
Skin manifestations of systemic disease
Drug-induced skin disorders
Part II: Clinical Assessment
8. COMMON PRESENTATIONS OF MUSCLE, BONE AND SKIN DISEASES
Common presenting complaints of the musculoskeletal system
Common presenting complaints of the skin
9. HISTORY AND EXAMINATION
Taking a history
General examination of joints and the musculoskeletal system
Regional examination of joints and the musculoskeletal system
Examination of the skin
10. FURTHER INVESTIGATIONS
Investigation of musculoskeletal function
Investigations of skin disorders
Routine investigations in musculoskeletal and skin disorders
Imaging of the musculoskeletal system
Part III: Self-Assessment
Multiple-choice questions (MCQs)
Short-answer questions (SAQs)
Extended matching questions (EMQs)
|Stock Status||In Stock|
Write Your Own Review