Cytology, 5th Edition
Concise yet comprehensive, Cytology: Diagnostic Principles and Clinical Correlates is a practical guide to the diagnostic interpretation of virtually any cytological specimen you may encounter. This highly useful bench manual covers all organ systems and situations in which cytology is used, including gynecologic, non-gynecologic, and FNA samples, with an in-depth differential diagnosis discussion for all major entities. As with previous editions, the revised 5th Edition focuses on practical issues in diagnosis and the use of cytology in clinical care, making it ideal for both trainee and practicing pathologists.
- Uses easy-to-read, bulleted text to provide a quick review of key differential diagnoses, indications and methods, cytomorphologic features, clinical pearls, and tissue acquisition protocols for specific entities.
- Includes coverage of patient management in discussions of pertinent clinical features and emphasizes clinical correlation throughout.
- Examines the role of immunohistochemistry, flow cytometry, and molecular biology in resolving difficulties in interpretation and diagnosis.
- Features more than 550 full-color illustrations that provide a real-life perspective of a full range of cytologic findings.
- Discusses hot topics such as new diagnostic biomarkers and their utility in differential diagnosis, the latest Bethesda System classifications/terminology, new techniques, and new adjunct tests.
- Provides an in-depth analysis of common diagnostic pitfalls to assist with daily sign-out and reporting.
- Includes a video on how to perform fine needle aspiration biopsy, from the patient interview and precautions to demonstration of techniques.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
|Author Information||By Edmund S. Cibas, MD, Professor of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Director of Cytopathology, Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts and Barbara S. Ducatman, MD, Chief, Pathology Service Line, Beaumont Health System, Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, Michigan|
".I would highly recommend this book to all pathologists, especially those working towards the Part 2 exam. I believe it could be of educational value, whether you choose to read the text cover to cover, or use it to flick through and look at some of the beautifully presented images."
-Dr Hannah Hawrot (Bulletin of the Royal College of Pathologists, January 2021)
|Table of Content||1 Cervical and Vaginal Cytology
2 Respiratory Tract and Mediastinum
3 Urine and Bladder Washings
4 Pleural, Pericardial, and Peritoneal Fluids
5 Peritoneal Washings
6 Cerebrospinal Fluid
7 Gastrointestinal Tract
8 Fine Needle Aspiration Biopsy Technique and
10 Thyroid, 288
11 Salivary Gland
12 Lymph Nodes
14 Pancreas and Biliary Tree
15 Kidney and Adrenal Gland
16 Ovary, 520
17 Soft Tissue
19 Laboratory Management
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|
|Stock Status||In Stock|