For more than 30 years, the highly regarded Secrets Series® has provided students and practitioners in all areas of health care with concise, focused, and engaging resources for quick reference and exam review. A new volume in this trusted series, Diabetes Secrets offers practical, up-to-date coverage of the full range of essential topics in this dynamic field. It features the Secrets' popular question-and-answer format that also includes lists, tables, pearls, memory aids, and an easy-to-read style - making inquiry, reference, and review quick, easy, and enjoyable.
- The proven Secrets Series® format gives you the most return for your time - succinct, easy to read, engaging, and highly effective.
- Up-to-date coverage of the full range of topics in diabetes, including diabetes during pregnancy; diabetes management in cancer patients; diabetes management during exercise, sports, and competition; diabetes management in hospitalized patients, and more.
- Top 100 Secrets and Key Points boxes provide a fast overview of the secrets you must know for success in practice and on exams.
- Bulleted lists, mnemonics, practical tips from global leaders in the field - all providing a concise overview of important board-relevant content.
- Written by global experts and thought leaders in diabetes.
- Portable size makes it easy to carry with you for quick reference or review anywhere, anytime.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
|Author Information||By Michael T. McDermott, MD, Professor of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, CO; Edited by Jennifer M. Trujillo, PharmD, BCPS, CDE, BC-ADM, Professor, Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Colorado , Anschutz Medical Campus, University of Colorado School of Pharmacy|
|Table of Content|| Top 100 Secrets
1 Diabetes Mellitus: Classification, Etiology and Pathogenesis
2 Comprehensive Medical Evaluation of Persons with Diabetes
3 Diabetic Ketoacidosis and Hyperglycemic Hyperosmolar Syndrome
4 Diabetic Nephropathy
5 Diabetic Retinopathy
6 Diabetic Neuropathies
7 Prevention of Macrovascular Complications
8 Diabetes and Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
9 Diabetes Management: Lifestyle Measures - Nutrition
10 Exercise and Diabetes
11 Diabetes Management: Insulin Therapy
12 Diabetes Management: Non-Insulin Therapies
13 Carbohydrate Counting and Precise Insulin Dosing
14 Type 2 Diabetes Management: Selecting Glycemic Targets and Choosing the Right Therapy
15 Diabetes Prevention
16 Diabetes and Pregnancy
17 Diabetes Management in Cancer Patients
18 Diabetes in Older Adults
19 Diabetes Management During Exercise, Sports and Competition
20 Diabetes Management in Hospitalized Patients
21 Continuous Glucose Monitoring
22 Continuous Glucose Monitoring Interpretation: Practice Cases
23 Insulin Pumps and Integrated Systems
26 Weight Management in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
27 Identifying and Overcoming Barriers to Achieving Glucose Control
28 Diabetes in Africa
29 Diabetes Diagnosis and Management in New Zealand
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|
|Stock Status||Coming Soon|