Diagnosis and Treatment of Rare Gynecologic Cancers
Provides up-to-date clinical guidance on assessment and therapeutic options for patients with rare gynecologic malignancies.
Presents information in a templated, easy-to-read format. Each chapter includes an introductory clinical case followed by epidemiology of disease, pathologic assessment, basic science/molecular/translational research, work-up of newly diagnosed disease, staging, treatment of newly diagnosed disease, treatment of recurrent disease, potential therapeutic targets, and a case resolution.
Includes diagnostic and treatment algorithms for each form of cancer.
Contains numerous anatomical figures, radiographs, photographs, and tables for quick visual reference.
Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
|Author Information||By Michael Frumovitz, MD, PhD , Professor, Gynecologic Oncology, MD Anderson Cancer Center ; Mario M. Leitao Jr., MD, Member and Fellowship Director, Gynecologic Oncology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Professor, Weill Cornell Medical College. and Preetha Ramalingam, Professor, Anatomic Pathology, MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|Table of Content||Section A
1. Malignant ovarian germ cell tumors
2. Sex cord stromal tumors of the ovary
3. Ovarian carcinosarcoma
4. Ovarian clear cell carcinoma
5. Mucinous ovarian carcinomas
6. Low-grade serous ovarian cancer
7. Small cell carcinoma of the ovary, hypercalcemic type
8. Other rare ovarian cancers: Transitional cell carcinoma, malignant Brenner tumor, endometrioid carcinoma, mesothelioma, squamous cell carcinoma, sarcoma
9. Uterine leiomyosarcoma
10. Other rare uterine sarcomas:Adenosarcoma, endometrial stromal sarcoma, STUMP
11. Uterine carcinosarcoma
12. Uterine serous carcinoma
13. Other rare uterine cancers: neuroendocrine tumors, yolk sac tumors, choriocarcinoma
14. High grade neuroendocrine carcinoma of the cervix
15. Other rare cervical cancers: cervical rhabdomyosarcoma, adenoid cystic carcinoma, verrucous carcinoma
16. Clear cell carcinoma of the vagina and cervix
17. Vulvovaginal melanoma
18. Bartholin gland carcinomas
19. Vulvar extramammary Paget disease
20. Other rare vulvovaginal cancers: Verrucous carcinoma, aggressive angiomyxoma, vulvar yolk sac tumor
Gestational trophoblastic disease
21. Gestational trophoblastic disease
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|
|Stock Status||Coming Soon|