Diagnostic Histopathology of Tumors E-Book, 5th Edition
Known for its clear writing style, easy-to-navigate format, and authoritative coverage of tumor pathology, Dr. Christopher Fletcher's Diagnostic Histopathology of Tumors, 5th Edition, remains your go-to source for accurate, efficient evaluation and interpretation of histopathology specimens. This highly regarded reference provides superbly illustrated information on pathogenesis, diagnostic criteria, molecular/cytogenetic findings, and prognosis on the neoplastic diseases most likely to be encountered by general surgical pathologists, and helps you stay current with the latest diagnostic tumor markers to assist in daily sign-out.
- Discusses the latest developments in immunohistochemistry, molecular genetics, targeted therapy/personalized medicine, and prognostic/predictive markers to assist in the diagnosis of the complete range of neoplastic entities.
- Includes coverage of newly described variants and new histologic entities.
- Covers all modern diagnostic techniques while retaining a strong emphasis on morphologic diagnosis, which remains the cornerstone of diagnosis for most lesions.
- Features thousands of high-quality photographs, photomicrographs, and artwork throughout.
- Incorporates the latest TNM and WHO classification and staging systems.
- Contains diagnostic flow charts, correlations of gross appearances to microscopic findings, and differential diagnosis tables for better recognition and evaluation of similar-looking entities.
- Shares the knowledge and expertise of internationally renowned experts in tumor pathology, including Dr. Christopher Fletcher, as well as numerous global authorities in the field.
|Author Information||By Christopher D. M. Fletcher, MD, FRCPath, Vice Chair, Anatomic Pathology, Brigham and Women's Hospital; Chief of Onco-Pathology, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute; Professor of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts|
|Table of Content||1. Introduction 2. Tumors of the Heart 3. Tumors of Blood Vessels and Lymphatics 4. Tumors of the Upper Respiratory Tract (Including Trachea and Pharynx) 4A: Nose, Paranasal Sinuses, and Nasopharynx 4B: Larynx and Trachea 5. Tumors of the Lungs and Pleura 6. Tumors of the Oral Cavity 7. Tumors of the Salivary Glands 8. Tumors of the Esophagus and Stomach 9. Tumors of the Small and Large Intestines (Including Anal Canal) 10. Tumors of the Liver, Gallbladder and Biliary Tree 11. Tumors of the Exocrine Pancreas 12. Tumors of the Urinary Tract 12A: Tumors of the Kidney 12B: Tumors of the Renal Pelvis and Ureter 12C: Tumors of the Urinary Bladder and Urethra 13. Tumors of the Female Genital Tract 13A: Ovary, Fallopian Tube and Broad Ligament 13B: Endometrium 13C: Placenta and Gestational Trophoblastic Disease 13D: Myometrium 13E: Cervix 13F: Vagina 13G: Vulva 14. Tumors of the Male Genital Tract 14A: Prostate 14B: Testis 14C: Penis and Scrotum 15. Tumors of the Peritoneum 16. Tumors of the Breast 17. Tumors of the Pituitary Gland 18. Tumors of the Thyroid and Parathyroid Glands 19. Tumors of the Adrenal Glands 20. Tumors of the Endocrine Pancreas 21. Tumors of the Lymphoreticular System (Including Thymus) 22. Tumors of the Hematopoietic System 23. Tumors of the Skin 24. Tumors of Soft Tissue 25. Tumors of the Osteoarticular System 26. Tumors of the Central Nervous System 27. Tumors of the Peripheral Nervous System 28. Tumors of the Autonomic Nervous System (Including Paraganglia) 29. Tumors of the Eye and Ocular Adnexae 30. Tumors of the Ear 31. Application of Modern Techniques|