Disability in Pregnancy and Childbirth
· A practical resource for all working with pregnant women and mothers
· Reflects the lived experiences of women with disabilities
· Written by experts in the field
· Holistic content
· Looks at professional attitudes as well as the woman's needs.
- The first book on maternity care for women with additional or alternative needs
- A practical resource for all working with pregnant women and mothers
- Reflects the lived experiences of women with disabilities
- Written by experts in the field
- Holistic content
- Looks at professional attitudes as well as the woman's needs
|Author Information||Edited by Stella Frances McKay-Moffat, BA(Hons), MPhil, FPCert, CertEd, RN, RM, ADM , Senior Lecturer, Midwifery and Women's Health, Faculty of Health, Edge Hill College, Liverpool, UK|
|Published Reviews||"While the more common disabilities are discussed, such as visual or hearing impairments and intellectual disabilities, other disabilities are included which may not be so familiar but which midwives may encounter when caring for a woman or her partner. Suggestions for improving care at a service provision and individual level are discussed throughout using case scenarios and photographs of available equipment."
|Table of Content||1 Social construction of disability and motherhood
2 Women's health and disability
3 Maternity services and women's experiences
4 The role of the midwife in maternity service provision
5 Women with intellectual disabilities
6 Midwives skills, knowledge and attitudes: how they can affect maternity services
7 Sensory impairment
8 The interaction between specific conditions and the childbirth continuum
|Stock Status||In Stock|
Our ebooks are Vitalsource files to open with the Bookshelf library. Here are the steps to quickly read your eBook.
- Create your account on the Vitalsource Bookshelf
- Insert the access code that will be sent to you by email or found on your account, section "my ebooks"
- Validate and your ebook is available
Namely: you can consult your eBook either online or after downloading the application Bookshelf on your tablet / smartphone.
Four downloads are possible: two on a landline and two on mobile. VitalSource technology allows you to read, navigate, search, highlight and annotate your work with ease and synchronization across multiple media.
A question about how to download and read your ebook? Click here If you have any difficulty accessing your e-books, please contact us via our contact form or call us on the following number: 01 71 16 55 99. Our services are open Monday to Thursday from 9 am to 6 pm hours and Fridays from 9am to 5pm.