Echocardiography Review Guide E-Book, 4th Edition
In one compact resource, Echocardiography Review Guide, 4th Edition, provides both a concise review and an effective self-assessment for exam preparation. Easy-to-digest, bulleted text summarizes key concepts and gives precise step-by-step instructions for performing and interpreting echocardiographic studies. Study and self-assessment questions throughout help you increase your knowledge and identify areas for further study. This study guide is an ideal companion to Dr. Otto's Textbook of Clinical Echocardiography and is a must-have resource for anyone preparing for the echocardiography boards, the PTEeXAM, the diagnostic cardiac sonographer's exam, or other sonography exams.
- Includes updated images, content, and 30% NEW multiple-choice questions to address changes in the field and in the revised companion text, Textbook of Clinical Echocardiography.
- Contains concise, step-by-step instructions and questions on all aspects of echo use and interpretation, including how to record echos, avoid pitfalls, perform calculations, and understand the fundamentals for every type of cardiac problem.
- Teaches and tests in one convenient volume! Questions and answers are fed into an assessment and testing module on the website for convenient learning and review.
- Helps you prepare for exams with "The Echo Exam" section included in each chapter, which features a summary of how to perform the procedure along with all the necessary calculations, and diagnostic information you may encounter.
- Offers additional images and examples to help readers understand the concepts presented in the Textbook of Clinical Echocardiography.
- A quick reference guide and learning tool to keep "in your pocket" for integrating your clinical experience with didactic learning.
|Author Information||By Catherine M. Otto, MD, J. Ward Kennedy-Hamilton Endowed Chair in Cardiology, Professor of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington ; Rebecca Gibbons Schwaegler, BS, RDCS, Adjunct Professor, Diagnostic Ultrasound Department, College of Science and Engineering, Seattle University; Cardiac Sonographer, University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, WA, USA; Rosario V. Freeman, MD, MS, Director, Cardiovascular Noninvasive Laboratory, Echocardiography and Electrocardiography Services Director, Cardiology Fellowship Program Professor, Cardiology and Medicine University of Washington School of Medicine Seattle, Washington and Jason Linefsky, MD, MS, FACC, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Emory University; Director of Cardiology Clinics, Assistant Section Chief, Atlanta VA Medical Center, Decatur, Georgia|
|Table of Content||Chapter 1. Principles of Echocardiographic Image Acquisition and Doppler Analysis
Chapter 2. The Transthoracic Echocardiogram
Chapter 3. Transesophageal Echocardiography
Chapter 4. Specialized Echocardiography Applications
Chapter 5. Clinical Indications and Quality Assurance
Chapter 6. Left and Right Ventricular Systolic Function
Chapter 7. Ventricular Diastolic Filling and Function
Chapter 8. Coronary Artery Disease
Chapter 9. Cardiomyopathies, Hypertensive, and Pulmonary Heart Disease
Chapter 10. Pericardial Disease
Chapter 11. Valvular Stenosis
Chapter 12. Valvular Regurgitation
Chapter 13. Prosthetic Valves
Chapter 14. Endocarditis
Chapter 15. Cardiac Masses and Potential Cardiac Source of Embolus
Chapter 16. Diseases of the Great Arteries
Chapter 17. The Adult with Congenital Heart Disease
Chapter 18. Intraoperative and Interventional Echocardiography