Electromyography and Neuromuscular Disorders , 4th Edition
Successfully correlate electrodiagnostic findings and neuromuscular ultrasound with key clinical findings with Electromyography and Neuromuscular Disorders, 4th Edition. This popular text is the go-to resource for clinicians at all levels of experience who have an interest in neuromuscular medicine, including those studying for the AANEM board exam. An easy-to-read writing style, abundant case studies, and learning features online help you master the electrodiagnostic evaluation and improve safety and accuracy.
- Helps you diagnose neuromuscular disorders more quickly and accurately, and correlate electromyographic and clinical findings.
- Explains complex subject matter in an easy-to-understand, user-friendly manner.
- Includes dozens of detailed, cross-sectional anatomy drawings to ensure correct EMG needle placement and avoid neurovascular injuries.
- Features new chapters on Neuromuscular Ultrasound, as well as incorporating neuromuscular ultrasound in the evaluation of clinical neuromuscular disorders along with electrodiagnostic studies in many of the clinical chapters.
- Provides up-to-date information on iatrogenic complications of electrodiagnostic studies and newly defined genetic neuromuscular conditions.
- Includes online access to more than 70 videos that allow you to see and hear the EMG waveforms discussed in the text, as well as a convenient "Test Your Knowledge" module.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
|Author Information||By David C. Preston, MD, Professor of Neurology, Vice Chairman, Department of Neurology, Program Director, Neurology Residency, Co-Director, EMG Laboratory, Neurological Institute, University Hospitals Case Medical Center; Cleveland, Ohio and Barbara E. Shapiro, MD, PhD, Associate Professor of Neurology, Director, Neuromuscular Research, Neurological Institute, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio|
"This book perfectly fulfills its purpose for its target audience. It is easy to read and to the point and covers all the topics one needs to know to learn and practice neurophysiology testing in the field of neuromuscular medicine.Moreover, it is excellent reference for EMG and clinical neurophysiology fellows during their training, as well as for neurology residents on their EMG/NCS rotation."
-Arpan Patel, MD (Hofstra/Northwell) Doody's Review Score: 94-4 Stars!
|Table of Content||Section I: Overview of Nerve Conduction Studies and Electromyography
Chapter-1: Approach to Nerve Conduction Studies and Electromyography
Chapter-2: Anatomy and NeurophysiologySection II: Fundamentals of Nerve Conduction Studies
Chapter-3: Basic Nerve Conduction Studies
Chapter-4: Late Responses
Chapter-5: Blink Reflex
Chapter-6: Repetitive Nerve StimulationSection III: Sources of Error: Anomalies, Artifacts, Technical Factors and Statistics
Chapter-7: Anomalous Innervations
Chapter-8: Artifacts and Technical Factors
Chapter-9: Basic Statistics for Electrodiagnostic StudiesSection IV: Detailed Nerve Conduction Studies
Chapter-10: Routine Upper Extremity, Facial, and Phrenic Nerve Conduction Techniques
Chapter-11: Routine Lower Extremity Nerve Conduction TechniquesSection V: Fundamentals of Electromyography
Chapter-12: Basic Overview of Electromyography
Chapter-13: Anatomy for Needle Electromyography
Chapter-14: Basic Electromyography: Analysis of Spontaneous Activity
Chapter-15: Basic Electromyography: Analysis of Motor Unit Action PotentialsSection VI: Clinical-Electrophysiologic Correlations Part I: Common Mononeuropathies:
Chapter-16: Clinical-Electrophysiologic Correlations: Overview and Common Patterns
Chapter-17: Median Neuropathy at the Wrist
Chapter-18: Proximal Median Neuropathy
Chapter-19: Ulnar Neuropathy at the Elbow
Chapter-20: Ulnar Neuropathy at the Wrist
Chapter-21: Radial Neuropathy
Chapter-22: Peroneal Neuropathy
Chapter-23: Femoral Neuropathy
Chapter-24: Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome
Chapter-25: Facial and Trigeminal NeuropathyPart II: Polyneuropathy
Chapter-26: PolyneuropathyPart III: Motor Neuron Disease
Chapter-27: Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis and Its Variants
Chapter-28: Atypical Motor Neuron DisordersPart IV: Radiculopathy, Plexopathies, and Proximal Neuropathies
Chapter-30: Brachial Plexopathy
Chapter-31: Proximal Neuropathies of the Shoulder and Arm
Chapter-32: Lumbosacral Plexopathy
Chapter-33: Sciatic NeuropathyPart V: Disorders of Neuromuscular Junction and Muscle
Chapter-34: Neuromuscular Junction Disorders
Chapter-36: Myotonic Muscle Disorders and Periodic Paralysis SyndromesSection VII: Electromyography in Special Clinical Settings
Chapter-37: Approach to Electrodiagnostic Studies in the Intensive Care Unit
Chapter-38: Approach to Pediatric ElectromyographySection VIII: Electronics and Instrumentation
Chapter-39: Basics of Electricity and Electronics for Electrodiagnostic Studies
Chapter-40: Electrical Safety and Iatrogenic Complications of Electrodiagnostic Studies
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|
|Stock Status||In Stock|
Our ebooks are Vitalsource files to open with the Bookshelf library. Here are the steps to quickly read your eBook.
- Create your account on the Vitalsource Bookshelf
- Insert the access code that will be sent to you by email or found on your account, section "my ebooks"
- Validate and your ebook is available
Namely: you can consult your eBook either online or after downloading the application Bookshelf on your tablet / smartphone.
Four downloads are possible: two on a landline and two on mobile. VitalSource technology allows you to read, navigate, search, highlight and annotate your work with ease and synchronization across multiple media.
A question about how to download and read your ebook? Click here If you have any difficulty accessing your e-books, please contact us via our contact form or call us on the following number: 01 71 16 55 99. Our services are open Monday to Thursday from 9 am to 6 pm hours and Fridays from 9am to 5pm.