Emery's Elements of Medical Genetics and Genomics , 16th Edition
- Includes new case-based studies with questions and answers throughout, in addition to multiple-choice self-assessment questions for study and review.
- Covers key topics such as pharmacogenetics, personalized medicine, prenatal testing, reproductive genetics, and ethical and legal issues in medical genetics.
- Divides the text into three easy-to-use sections: The Scientific Basis of Human Genetics, Genetics in Medicine and Genomic Medicine, and Clinical Genetics, Counseling and Ethics
- Features full-color illustrations and other images that help readers visualize the appearance of genetic disorders and assist with the understanding of complex genetic structures.
- Contains learning features such as summary boxes, an extensive glossary of terms, online hyperlinks to important genetics websites and clinical databases, and more.
- Presents the extensive knowledge and experience of distinguished editors Peter D. Turnpenny and Sian Ellard, as well as new editor Ruth Cleaver.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
|Author Information||By Peter D Turnpenny, BSc MB ChB DRCOG DCH FRCP FRCPCH FRCPath FHEA, Consultant Clinical Geneticist, Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital Senior Clinical Lecturer, Peninsula Medical School, Exeter, UK ; Sian Ellard, BSc, PhD, FRCPath, OBE, Consultant Clinical Molecular Geneticist, Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital Professor of Human Molecular Genetics, Peninsula Medical School, Exeter, UK and Ruth Cleaver, MBChB, BSc, MRCP, Clinical Genetics Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust Exeter, United Kingdom|
|Table of Content||
1 The History and Impact of Genetics in Medicine
Section A: The Scientific Basis of Human Genetics
2 The Cellular and Molecular Basis of Inheritance
3 Chromosomes and Cell Division
4 Finding the Cause of Monogenic Disorders by Identifying Disease Genes
5 Laboratory Techniques for Diagnosis of Monogenic Disorders
6 Patterns of Inheritance
7 Population and Mathematical Genetics
8 Risk Calculation
9 Developmental Genetics
Section B: Genetics in Medicine and Genomic Medicine
10 Common Disease, Polygenic and Multifactorial Genetics
11 Screening for Genetic Disease
12 Haemoglobin and the Haemoglobinopathies
14 The Genetics of Cancer and Cancer Genetics
15 Pharmacogenomics, Precision Medicine and the Treatment of Genetic Disease
Section C: Clinical Genetics, Counselling and Ethics
16 Congenital Abnormalities, Dysmorphic Syndromes and Intellectual Disability
17 Chromosome Disorders
18 Inborn Errors of Metabolism
19 Mainstream Monogenic Disorders
20 Prenatal Testing and Reproductive Genetics
21 Genetic Counselling
22 Ethical and Legal Issues in Medical Genetics
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|
|Stock Status||In Stock|
Our ebooks are Vitalsource files to open with the Bookshelf library. Here are the steps to quickly read your eBook.
- Create your account on the Vitalsource Bookshelf
- Insert the access code that will be sent to you by email or found on your account, section "my ebooks"
- Validate and your ebook is available
Namely: you can consult your eBook either online or after downloading the application Bookshelf on your tablet / smartphone.
Four downloads are possible: two on a landline and two on mobile. VitalSource technology allows you to read, navigate, search, highlight and annotate your work with ease and synchronization across multiple media.
A question about how to download and read your ebook? Click here If you have any difficulty accessing your e-books, please contact us via our contact form or call us on the following number: 01 71 16 55 99. Our services are open Monday to Thursday from 9 am to 6 pm hours and Fridays from 9am to 5pm.