Gastroenterology and Nutrition , 3rd Edition
Dr. Richard Polin's Neonatology Questions and Controversies series highlights the most challenging aspects of neonatal care, offering trustworthy guidance on up-to-date diagnostic and treatment options in the field. In each volume, renowned experts address the clinical problems of greatest concern to today's practitioners, helping you handle difficult practice issues and provide optimal, evidence-based care to every patient.
- Stay fully up to date in this fast-changing field with Gastroenterology and Nutrition, 3rd Edition.
- Emerging knowledge about the basic developmental physiology of upper intestinal motility as it relates to reflux and feeding tolerance, and immaturities in motility by altering composition of feedings and pharmacologic means.
- New content on genetics and pharmacology, the role of inflammation in systemic diseases in other organs as well as necrotizing enterocolitis, optimizing administration of lipids to preterm infants, and administering lipids to infants who are at high risk for complications secondary to suboptimal lipid therapies.
- Current coverage of the composition of human milk and clinical trials that address the efficacy of donor milk in comparison to formula and own mother's milk.
- Consistent chapter organization to help you find information quickly and easily.
- The most authoritative advice available from world-class neonatologists who share their knowledge of new trends and developments in neonatal care.
Purchase each volume individually, or get the entire 7-volume set!
Gastroenterology and Nutrition
Hematology, Immunology and Genetics
Hemodynamics and Cardiology
Infectious Disease and Pharmacology New Volume!
Nephrology and Fluid/Electrolyte Physiology
The Newborn Lung
|Author Informaiton||By Josef Neu, MD, Professor, Division of Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics, H. Hillis Miller Health Center, University of Florida College of Medicine Gainesville, FL|
|Table of Content||
1. Maturation of Motor Function in the Preterm Infant and Gastroesophageal Reflux
2. Development of Gastrointestinal Motility Reflexes
3. Lipid and Fatty Acid Delivery in the Preterm Infant: Challenges and Lessons Learned from other Critically Ill Populations
4. Human Milk Oligosaccharides
5. Donor Human Milk trials
7. Special Nutrition for the Surgical Neonate
8. Controversies in Short Bowel Syndrome
9. Intestinal Regeneration -Organoids/Stem Cells
10. New Lipid Strategies to Prevent/Treat Neonatal Cholestasis
11. Neonatal Gastrointestinal Tract as a Conduit to Systemic Inflammation
12. Early "Multi-omics" and Developmental Origins of Disease
13. Adult Consequences of Neonatal and Fetal Nutrition: Mechanisms
14. Controversies and Moving Field Forward
Our ebooks are Vitalsource files to open with the Bookshelf library. Here are the steps to quickly read your eBook.
- Create your account on the Vitalsource Bookshelf
- Insert the access code that will be sent to you by email or found on your account, section "my ebooks"
- Validate and your ebook is available
Namely: you can consult your eBook either online or after downloading the application Bookshelf on your tablet / smartphone.
Four downloads are possible: two on a landline and two on mobile. VitalSource technology allows you to read, navigate, search, highlight and annotate your work with ease and synchronization across multiple media.
A question about how to download and read your ebook? Click here If you have any difficulty accessing your e-books, please contact us via our contact form or call us on the following number: 01 71 16 55 99. Our services are open Monday to Thursday from 9 am to 6 pm hours and Fridays from 9am to 5pm.