Gunner Goggles Medicine
The Gunner Goggles Series is the first exam prep resource written by a high-scoring peer group of medical students, ensuring the most practical and efficient study guidance. It organizes topics around the USMLE and NBME content outlines for the required shelf exams and features state-of-the-art Augmented Reality (AR) mobile application to extend learning beyond the book. This innovative series features AR opportunities throughout the text for an integrated print-mobile experience that maximizes learning and test preparation. The Gunner Goggle function allows you to scan pages for integrated AR links, unlocking animations, visuals, and 3D models that clarify complex anatomy, conditions, and concepts in a remarkably effective and unique manner.
Gunner Goggles Series: Medicine is one of seven authoritative exam preparation guides that use cutting-edge AR technology to fully prepare you for the NBME clinical shelf exams, the USMLE Step 2 Clinical Knowledge (CK) exam, and successful clinical rotations.
- Topics are organized around the USMLE and NBME content outlines for specific shelf exams, and information is presented in a highly templated, concise manner.
- The Augmented Reality application allows you to efficiently study and learn using an integrated print-mobile approach. In addition to unlocking animations and other visuals, AR app access also includes additional content, links to provide feedback to the authors, community pages, and more.
- All test topics are covered in just enough detail to help you hone in on key points you must know for exam success.
- Unique! Every disease is described by its stem clues (buzzwords that appear in question stems) and prophylactic measures (PPx), mechanism (MoD), diagnostic tests (Dx) and treatment/management principles (Tx/Mgmt) - the four "Physician Tasks" that the NBME requires students to know about each disease.
- You'll also get real-world tips for your clinical rotations from your peers - information that won't show up on the shelf exam but is ideal for maximum impact when on rounds (knowing the prognosis for a specific disease, for example).
- Plus . effective study techniques, sample study schedules, tips and tricks to better retain information learned from review questions, and methods to self-generate mnemonics.
- Edited, written, and crowdsourced by high-performing medical students and residents and reviewed by experts in the field to ensure accuracy, relevancy, and accessibility.
Titles in the Gunner Goggles series:
Family Medicine · Print ISBN: 978-0-323-51034-9 · e-Book ISBN: 978-0-323-52756-9
Medicine · Print ISBN: 978-0-323-51035-6 · e-Book ISBN: 978-0-323-52758-3
Neurology · Print ISBN: 978-0-323-51036-3 · e-Book ISBN: 978-0-323-52760-6
Ob-Gyn · Print ISBN: 978-0-323-51037-0 · e-Book ISBN: 978-0-323-52768-2
Pediatrics · Print ISBN: 978-0-323-51038-7 · e-Book ISBN: 978-0-323-52763-7
Psychiatry · Print ISBN: 978-0-323-51039-4 e-Book ISBN: 978-0-323-52765-1
Surgery · Print ISBN: 978-0-323-51040-0 · e-Book ISBN: 978-0-323-52767-5
|Author Information||By Hao-Hua Wu, MD, Orthopaedic Surgery Resident at the University of California, San Francisco; and Leo Wang, PhD, MS, Medical Student at University of Pennsylvania|
|Table of Content||
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: General Principles for the Internal Medicine Shelf
Chapter 3: Immunologic Disorders
Chapter 4: Diseases of Blood and Blood-Forming Organs
Chapter 5: Diseases of the Nervous System and Special Senses
Chapter 6: Cardiovascular Disorders
Chapter 7: Diseases of the Respiratory System
Chapter 8: Nutritional and Digestive Disorders
Chapter 9: Gynecologic Disorders
Chapter 10: Renal, Urinary and Male Reproductive System
Chapter 11: Disorders of the Skin and Subcutaneous Tissues
Chapter 12: Diseases of the Musculoskeletal System and Connective Tissue
Chapter 13: Endocrine and Metabolic Disorders
Chapter 14: Gunner Jim's Guide to Exam Day Success
|Trim||229 x 152 (6 x 9)|
|Stock Status||In Stock|