Handbook for Stoelting's Anesthesia and Co-Existing Disease, 4th Edition
- Presents complex cases representing the full spectrum of pre-existing conditions.
- Provides information on specialized patient populations-including pediatric and geriatric patients-that highlight important clinical considerations for these groups.
- Uses an outline format, making guidance easy.
- Follows the same chapter organization as Stoelting's Anethesia and Coexisting Disease, 5th Edition, enabling you to reference the parent text for more in-depth guidance.
- Features abundant tables that provide fast access to the most pertinent aspects of each condition.
Handbook for Stoelting's Anesthesia and Co-Existing Disease, 4th Edition gives you the peerless authority you trust, ideal for on-the-go reference! Dr. Roberta L. Hines and Dr. Katherine E. Marschall discuss all of the most critical, clinically relevant topics from Stoelting's Anesthesia and Co-Existing Disease, 6th Edition in a concise, compact, portable format. You'll have convenient access to dependable guidance on a full range of pre-existing conditions that may impact the perioperative management of surgical patients.
- Find the information you need easily with abundant tables throughout, a quick-reference outline format, and the same organization as Stoelting's Anesthesia and Co-Existing Disease.
- Confidently meet the needs of special patient populations such as pediatric and geriatric patients.
|Author Information||By Roberta L. Hines, MD, Nicholas M. Greene Professor and Chairman, Department of Anesthesiology, Yale University School of Medicine, Chief of Anesthesiology, Yale-New Haven Hospital, New Haven, CT and Katherine Marschall, MD, LLD (honoris causa), Anesthesiologist - retired, New Haven, CT|
"This book covers the entire domain of co-existing disease. In our PowerPoint world, it is presented in easy-to-read outline format. Every chapter contains highly useful tables. It also includes a select number of highly useful figures and flow charts. Experienced practitioners will find that it contains everything they need to know at the bedside, and nothing that they don't.
This should be in every anesthesia library and available to practitioners everywhere that anesthesia is administered." - Michael F O'Connor, MD(University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine) Doody 4 star rating!
|Table of Content||
1 Ischemic Heart Disease
2 Valvular Heart Disease
3 Congenital Heart Disease
4 Abnormalities of Cardiac Conduction and Cardiac Rhythm
5 Systemic and Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
6 Heart Failure and Cardiomyopathies
7 Pericardial Disease and Cardiac Trauma
8 Vascular Disease
9 Respiratory Diseases
10 Diseases Affecting the Brain
11 Spinal Cord Disorders
12 Diseases of the Autonomic and Peripheral Nervous Systems
13 Diseases of the Liver and Biliary Tract
14 Diseases of the Gastrointestinal System
15 Inborn Errors of Metabolism
16 Nutritional Diseases: Obesity and Malnutrition
17 Renal Disease
18 Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Disorders
19 Endocrine Disease
20 Hematologic Disorders
21 Skin and Musculoskeletal Diseases
22 Infectious Diseases
24 Diseases Related to Immune System Dysfunction
25 Psychiatric Disease, Substance Abuse, and Drug Overdose
26 Pregnancy-Associated Diseases
27 Pediatric Diseases
28 Geriatric Disorders
|Trim||229 x 152 (6 x 9)|
|Stock Status||In Stock|