Health Systems Science E-Book , 2nd Edition
The first textbook devoted to this emerging area, Health Systems Science now brings you fully up to date with today's key issues and solutions. This increasingly important branch of health care explores how health care is delivered, how health care professionals work together to deliver that care, and how the health system can improve patient care and health care delivery. Along with basic and clinical sciences, health systems science is rapidly becoming a crucial 'third pillar' of medical science, with an emphasis on understanding the role of human factors, systems engineering, leadership, and patient improvement strategies that will help transform the future of health care and ensure greater patient safety. In this 2nd Edition, new chapters, new exercises, and new information help you acquire the knowledge and skills you need for success in today's challenging healthcare system.
- The first comprehensive text for mastering health systems science, offering practical coverage of all of the factors in the lives of patients that influence their well-being, the structures and processes of the health system itself, societal factors, communication, and information technology.
- NEW to this edition: New content on systems thinking, ethics and legal issues, and international care models further define and address this new important component of health care education; additional exercises; and expanded information on the patient experience and private practice.
- Complete coverage of patient safety, quality improvement, value in health care, teamwork, stewardship of health care resources, population health, clinical informatics, care coordination, leadership, and health care financing/reform.
- Patient improvement strategies incorporate checklists, information technology, team training, and more.
- A consistent chapter template provides clear coverage of each topic, including Learning Objectives, Chapter Outline, Core Chapter Content, Summary, Questions for Reflection, and Annotated Bibliography and References.
- Developed by the American Medical Association's Accelerating Change in Medical Education Consortium, and authored by a team that includes AMA staff members working with individuals from the Consortium member schools.
|Author Information||Edited by Susan E. Skochelak, MD, MPH, Group Vice President, Medical Education, American Medical Association, Chicago, Illinois|
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|
|Stock Status||In Stock|