Infectious Disease and Pharmacology
Dr. Richard Polin's Neonatology Questions and Controversies series highlights the most challenging aspects of neonatal care, offering trustworthy guidance on up-to-date diagnostic and treatment options in the field. In each volume, renowned experts address the clinical problems of greatest concern to today's practitioners, helping you handle difficult practice issues and provide optimal, evidence-based care to every patient.
- Stay fully up to date in this fast-changing field with Infectious Disease and Pharmacology, an all-new volume in the series.
- Thorough, up-to-date content on the epidemiology, clinical manifestations, treatment, and outcomes for neonatal-perinatal infections, including necrotizing enterocolitis, neonatal HSV, and congenital Zika virus infection.
- The latest information on dosing of antibiotics, antivirals, and antifungals.
- Current coverage of therapies for neonatal gastroesophageal reflux, seizures, neuroprotection, and neonatal abstinence syndrome, as well as pharmacokinetic and pharmacogenetic considerations in neonatal care.
- Consistent chapter organization to help you find information quickly and easily.
- The most authoritative advice available from world-class neonatologists who share their knowledge of new trends and developments in neonatal care.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Purchase each volume individually, or get the entire 7-volume set, which includes online access that allows you to search across all titles!
Gastroenterology and Nutrition
Hematology, Immunology and Genetics
Hemodynamics and Cardiology
Infectious Disease and Pharmacology New Volume!
Nephrology and Fluid/Electrolyte Physiology
The Newborn Lung
|Author Informaiton||By William E. Benitz, MD, Philip Sunshine Professor in Neonatology, Chief, Division of Neonatal and Developmental Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Director of Nurseries, Lucile Packard Children's Hospital, Palo Alto, California|
|Published Reviews||"practitioners will find this concise but comprehensive book useful for easy reference"|
|Table of Content||
Part 1- Infectious Disease
1. Management of the Asymptomatic Newborn at Risk for Sepsis
2. Empirical Therapy for Neonatal Sepsis
3. When and How to Treat Neonatal CMV infections
4. Neonatal Herpes simplex Virus Infection
5. Antibiotic Stewardship
6. Candida Prophylaxis
7. Diagnosis, Risk Factors, Outcomes, and Evaluation of Invasive Candida Infections
8. When to Perform Lumbar Puncture in Infants at Risk for Meningitis in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
9. Biomarkers in Diagnosis of Neonatal Sepsis
10. Congenital Zika Syndrome
Part 2- Pharmacology
11. Pharmacokinetic Considerations in Neonates
12. Neonatal Pharmacogenetics
13. Antibiotic Considerations for Necrotizing Enterocolitis
14. Antibiotic Dosing Considerations for Term and Preterm Infants
15. Antifungal Dosing Considerations for Term and Preterm Infants
16. Antiviral Dosing Considerations for Term and Preterm Infants
17. Antiepileptic Drug Therapy in Neonates
18. Neuroprotective Therapies in Neonates
19. Pharmacologic Therapy for Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
20. Therapies for Gastrowesophageal Reflux in Neonates
|Trim||260 x 184 (7 1/4 x 10 1/4)|
|Stock Status||In Stock|