Infectious Disease and Pharmacology
Dr. Richard Polin's Neonatology Questions and Controversies series highlights the most challenging aspects of neonatal care, offering trustworthy guidance on up-to-date diagnostic and treatment options in the field. In each volume, renowned experts address the clinical problems of greatest concern to today's practitioners, helping you handle difficult practice issues and provide optimal, evidence-based care to every patient.
- Stay fully up to date in this fast-changing field with Infectious Disease and Pharmacology, an all-new volume in the series.
- Thorough, up-to-date content on the epidemiology, clinical manifestations, treatment, and outcomes for neonatal-perinatal infections, including necrotizing enterocolitis, neonatal HSV, and congenital Zika virus infection.
- The latest information on dosing of antibiotics, antivirals, and antifungals.
- Current coverage of therapies for neonatal gastroesophageal reflux, seizures, neuroprotection, and neonatal abstinence syndrome, as well as pharmacokinetic and pharmacogenetic considerations in neonatal care.
- Consistent chapter organization to help you find information quickly and easily.
- The most authoritative advice available from world-class neonatologists who share their knowledge of new trends and developments in neonatal care.
Purchase each volume individually, or get the entire 7-volume set!
Gastroenterology and Nutrition
Hematology, Immunology and Genetics
Hemodynamics and Cardiology
Infectious Disease and Pharmacology New Volume!
Nephrology and Fluid/Electrolyte Physiology
The Newborn Lung
|Author Information||By William E. Benitz, MD, Philip Sunshine Professor in Neonatology, Chief, Division of Neonatal and Developmental Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Director of Nurseries, Lucile Packard Children's Hospital, Palo Alto, California|
|Table of Content||
Part 1- Infectious Disease
1. Management of the Asymptomatic Newborn at Risk for Sepsis
2. Empirical Therapy for Neonatal Sepsis
3. When and How to Treat Neonatal CMV infections
4. Neonatal Herpes simplex Virus Infection
5. Antibiotic Stewardship
6. Candida Prophylaxis
7. Diagnosis, Risk Factors, Outcomes, and Evaluation of Invasive Candida Infections
8. When to Perform Lumbar Puncture in Infants at Risk for Meningitis in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
9. Biomarkers in Diagnosis of Neonatal Sepsis
10. Congenital Zika Syndrome
Part 2- Pharmacology
11. Pharmacokinetic Considerations in Neonates
12. Neonatal Pharmacogenetics
13. Antibiotic Considerations for Necrotizing Enterocolitis
14. Antibiotic Dosing Considerations for Term and Preterm Infants
15. Antifungal Dosing Considerations for Term and Preterm Infants
16. Antiviral Dosing Considerations for Term and Preterm Infants
17. Antiepileptic Drug Therapy in Neonates
18. Neuroprotective Therapies in Neonates
19. Pharmacologic Therapy for Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
20. Therapies for Gastrowesophageal Reflux in Neonates
Our ebooks are Vitalsource files to open with the Bookshelf library. Here are the steps to quickly read your eBook.
- Create your account on the Vitalsource Bookshelf
- Insert the access code that will be sent to you by email or found on your account, section "my ebooks"
- Validate and your ebook is available
Namely: you can consult your eBook either online or after downloading the application Bookshelf on your tablet / smartphone.
Four downloads are possible: two on a landline and two on mobile. VitalSource technology allows you to read, navigate, search, highlight and annotate your work with ease and synchronization across multiple media.
A question about how to download and read your ebook? Click here If you have any difficulty accessing your e-books, please contact us via our contact form or call us on the following number: 01 71 16 55 99. Our services are open Monday to Thursday from 9 am to 6 pm hours and Fridays from 9am to 5pm.