Jatin Shah's Head and Neck Surgery and Oncology , 5th Edition
Providing practical, multidisciplinary coverage of the latest diagnostic and multidisciplinary therapeutic approaches for head and neck cancer, the 5th Edition of this award-winning text helps you achieve the best possible surgical outcomes and preserve and restore form and function. Internationally renowned surgeon Dr. Jatin P. Shah, joined by colleagues Snehal G. Patel, Bhuvanesh Singh, and Richard Wong, guides you step by step through every aspect of this challenging field, helping you take advantage of every multidisciplinary management approach available for your patients.
- Offers complete coverage of the scalp, skull base, paranasal sinuses, oral cavity, pharynx, larynx, cervical lymph nodes, thyroid, salivary glands, and soft tissue and bone tumors - from incidence, diagnosis, and work up through treatment planning, operative techniques, rehabilitation, and outcomes.
- Features new diagnostic approaches, staging, algorithmic thought processes for therapy selection, and outcomes of treatment for head and neck tumors, allowing for a better overall understanding of head and neck oncology.
- Includes new information on multimodal management of head and neck cancer; a new Radiation Therapy Glossary; and hundreds of new surgical photographs presented in sequential order from the surgeon's point of view.
- Provides outcomes of therapy data from the NCDB, institutional data from MSKCC, and evidence-based information throughout.
- Covers key topics such as radiation oncology, medical oncology including targeted therapies, and maxillofacial prosthodontics and dental oncology.
- Addresses the day-to-day, practical care of patients with basic operating room techniques and technology, intraoperative decisions, and post-operative care for patients undergoing head and neck surgery.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
|Author Informaiton||By Jatin P. Shah, MD, MS (Surg), PhD (Hon), FACS, Hon. FRCS (Edin), Hon. FRACS, Hon. FDSRCS (Lond), Chief , Head and Neck Service, E.W. Strong Chair in Head and Neck Oncology, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, and Professor of Surgery, Weill Cornell Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York, United States; Snehal G. Patel, MD, MS (Surg), FRCS (Glasg), Associate Attending Surgeon, Head and Neck Service, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, Associate Professor of Surgery, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY and Bhuvanesh Singh, MD, PhD, FACS, Associate Attending Surgeon, Head and Neck Service, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, Associate Professor of Otolaryngology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY, Richard Wong MD MD, FACS, Chief, Head and Neck Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA|
|Table of Content||1 Introduction
2 Basic Principles of Head and Neck Surgery
3 Scalp and Skin
4 Eyelids and Orbit
5 Nasal Cavity and Paranasal Sinuses
6 Skull Base
8 Oral Cavity
9 Pharynx and Esophagus
10 Larynx and Trachea
11 Cervical Lymph Nodes
12 Thyroid and Parathyroid Glands
13 Salivary Glands
14 Neurogenic Tumors and Paragangliomas
15 Soft Tissue Tumors
16 Bone Tumors and Odontogenic Lesions
17 Reconstructive Surgery
18 Oncologic Dentistry, Maxillofacial Prosthetics, and Implants
19 Radiation Therapy
20 Systemic Therapy
|Trim||10w x 12h"|
|Stock Status||In Stock|