Jekel's Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Preventive Medicine, and Public Health, 5th Edition
Written by renowned epidemiologists and public health experts, this unique text provides complete, concise coverage of epidemiology, biostatistics, preventive medicine, and public health in clear, easy-to-understand terms. One convenient volume delivers must-know content in four complex areas-information that's sure to be covered in today's classrooms and on USMLE exams-presented with a clinical focus and real-life medical examples throughout. Depth of coverage, concise writing style, outstanding online review questions, a clinical emphasis . these features and more make Jekel's your go-to resource for learning, study, and review.
- Focuses on clinical problem solving and decision making using epidemiologic
concepts and examples.
- Contains more clinical cases throughout, including global examples.
- Offers expanded coverage of the impact of big data and precision medicine,
as well as an updated and reorganized biostatistics section.
- Features quick-reference boxes that showcase key concepts and calculations,
and dynamic illustrations that facilitate learning using a highly visual approach.
- Provides almost 300 multiple-choice chapter review questions and answers in print,
with additional questions and more online at Student Consult.
- Aligns content to board blueprints for the USMLE as well as the three specialties
certified by the American Board of Preventive Medicine: Occupational Medicine, and
Public Health & General Preventive Medicine-and is recommended by the ABPM
as a top review source for its core specialty examination.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you
to access all the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Evolve Instructor site, with an image and table bank as well as chapter overviews as
PowerPoints, is available to instructors through their Elsevier sales rep or via request
|Author Information||By Joann G. Elmore, MD, MPH, Professor of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA; Adjunct Professor of Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine ; Dorothea Wild, MD, MPH, Dr. Med, Associate Director, Combined Internal Medicine/Preventive Medicine Residency Program, Griffin Hospital, Derby, CT; Heidi D. Nelson, MD, MPH, MACP, Oregon Health& Science University, United States and David L. Katz, MD, MPH, Associate Clinical Professor of Epidemiology and Public Health and Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT; Director, Yale-Griffin Preventive Research Center, Derby, CT|
|Table of Content||
Section 1 - Epidemiology
Section 2 - Biostatistics
19. Chronic Disease Prevention
26. Improving Public Health in Communities
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|
|Stock Status||In Stock|