Jekel's Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Preventive Medicine, and Public Health , 5th Edition
Written by renowned epidemiologists and public health experts, this unique text provides complete, concise coverage of epidemiology, biostatistics, preventive medicine, and public health in clear, easy-to-understand terms. One convenient volume delivers must-know content in four complex areas-information that's sure to be covered in today's classrooms and on USMLE exams-presented with a clinical focus and real-life medical examples throughout. Depth of coverage, concise writing style, outstanding online review questions, a clinical emphasis . these features and more make Jekel's your go-to resource for learning, study, and review.
- Focuses on clinical problem solving and decision making using epidemiologic concepts and examples.
- Contains more clinical cases throughout, including global examples and dentistry cases.
- Offers expanded coverage of the impact of big data and precision medicine.
- Includes a question bank for self-assessment and board prep-for USMLE as well as the three specialties certified by ABPM: Occupational Medicine, Aerospace Medicine, and General and Preventive Medicine.
- Features quick-reference boxes that showcase key concepts and calculations, and dynamic illustrations that facilitate learning using a highly visual approach.
- Provides access to 300 multiple-choice chapter review questions and answers, a comprehensive exam, chapter overviews, a One Health chapter supplement, and more online at Student Consult.
- Aligns content to board blueprints for the USMLE, and is recommended by the American Board of Preventive Medicine as a top review source for its core specialty examination.
- Includes an Enhanced eBook version with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
|Author Informaiton||By Joann G. Elmore, MD, MPH, Professor of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA; Adjunct Professor of Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine ; Dorothea Wild, MD, MPH, Dr. Med, Associate Director, Combined Internal Medicine/Preventive Medicine Residency Program, Griffin Hospital, Derby, CT; Heidi D. Nelson, MD, MPH, MACP, Oregon Health& Science University, United States and David L. Katz, MD, MPH, Associate Clinical Professor of Epidemiology and Public Health and Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT; Director, Yale-Griffin Preventive Research Center, Derby, CT|
|Pp Authortext||Elmore, Wild, Nelson & Katz|
|Table of Content||
Section 1 - Epidemiology
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|