Joint Range of Motion and Muscle Length Testing , 3rd Edition
- Each chapter uses the same format for each technique, allowing you to quickly and easily identify the information you need.
- Hundreds of photos and illustrations clearly depict the various techniques and landmarks.
- Evidence-based information throughout includes the latest data on ROM normative values and reliability /validity studies.
- Figures have easy-to-find dots that serve as anatomical markers, providing a fast visual reference for exactly where to place the measuring device.
- Complete coverage of the tape measure, goniometer, and inclinometer prepare you to use any tool in the clinical setting.
One of the most comprehensive texts on the market, Joint Range of Motion and Muscle Length Testing, 3rd Edition, is an easy-to-follow reference that guides you in accurately measuring range of motion and muscle length for all age groups. Written by renowned educators, Nancy Berryman Reese and William D. Bandy for both Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy professionals, this book describes in detail the reliability and validity of each technique. A new companion web site features video clips demonstrating over 100 measurement techniques!
- Full-color design clearly demonstrates various techniques and landmarks.
- Clear technique template allows you to quickly and easily identify the information you need.
- Simple anatomic illustrations clearly depict the various techniques and landmarks for each joint.
- Coverage of range of motion and muscle length testing includes important, must-know information.
- Complex tool coverage prepares you to use the tape measure, goniometer, and inclinometer in the clinical setting.
- Over 100 videos let you independently review techniques covered in the text.
- Chapter on infants and children eliminates having to search through pediatric-specific books for information.
- Anatomical landmarks provide a fast visual reference for exactly where to place measuring devices.
- Chapters dedicated to length testing makes information easy to locate.
|Author Informaiton||By Nancy Berryman Reese, PhD, PT, Associate Professor, Department of Physical Therapy, University of Central Arkansas, Conway, AR; Adjunct Assistant Professor, Department of Anatomy, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR and William D. Bandy, PhD, PT, SCS, ATC, Professor, Department of Physical Therapy, University of Central Arkansas, Conway, AR|
"This book provides a wealth of information regarding the theory and practice of evaluating joint motion and muscle length. Because of this text's comprehensiveness and its easy to read format, it would be a useful resource for students, novice and experienced clinicians, particularly physiotherapists, occupational therapists and medical practitioners."
"[The book] if read through and through for the area of the body of interest, will give an informed and well-documented overview of the procedures for measuring that part of the anatomy, and the reliability and validity of those measures."
"One of the most comprehensive range of motion and muscle length texts on the market... a great reference text for a busy orthopedic practice."
Physical Therapy Reviews, March 2011
|Table of Content||
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Appendix A. Sample Data Recording Forms
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|
|Stock Status||In Stock|