Kidney Transplantation - Principles and Practice , 8th Edition
Offering practical guidance for all members of the transplant team, Kidney Transplantation, Principles and Practice, 8th Edition, provides the balanced, up-to-date information you need to achieve optimal outcomes for your patients. A global team of internationally renowned surgeons and nephrologists, many new to this edition, offers fresh perspectives on everything from applied science and surgical techniques to immunosuppressive methods, outcomes, risks, and medical considerations related to kidney transplantation, in both adults and children.
- Offers state-of-the-art coverage of all areas of kidney transplantation such as preservation of kidneys; mechanisms of rejection and the induction of tolerance; techniques of laparoscopic live donor nephrectomy; and immunosuppression.
- Contains up-to-date outcomes data and analysis of the evidence supporting current practice in the field.
- Includes new information on desensitization and considerable new data on the clinical use of costimulation blockade.
- Keeps you current with new chapters on kidney allocation policy that reflects the ethical and societal values of different countries and populations; and biomarkers of kidney injury and rejection, including the need for better monitoring tools to guide therapy and patient management.
- Covers hot topics such as management of chronic allograft failure, the sensitized patient and antibody-mediated rejection, and paired exchange principles.
- Features hundreds of superb illustrations to help you visualize key concepts and nuances of renal transplantation.
- Provides dynamic visual guidance with new real-time video coverage of ultrasound-guided pancreas allograft biopsy; a new animation of calcineurin inhibitor mechanism of action animation; and videos that demonstrate the formation of an immune synapse, 3-D rotational images of immune synapses, an NK cell killing its target, peritoneal dialysis-catheter insertion techniques, laparoendoscopic single site (LESS) donor nephrectomy, and more.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase , which allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices
|Author Information||By Stuart J. Knechtle, MD, FACS, William R. Kenan Jr. Professor of Surgery, Executive Director, Duke Transplant Center, Duker University School of Medicine, Durham, NC, USA ; Lorna P. Marson, MB BS FRCS MD, Senior Lecturer in Transplant Surgery, University of Edinburgh; Honorary Consultant Transplant Surgeon, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, UK and Peter J Morris, MD, PhD, FRS, FRCS, Emeritus Nuffield Professor of Surgery, University of Oxford; Honorary Professor, University of London; Director, Centre for Evidence in Transplantation, Royal College of Surgeons of England; London, UK|
"This is a premier resource for kidney transplantation. Written and edited by experts in the field, the book is clinically accurate, relevant, and updated."
-Kelly M. Collins, MD (Henry Ford Hospital) Doody's Review Service
|Table of Content||
Kidney Transplantation - Principles and Practice, 8e
1. Kidney Transplant: A History
2. The Immunology of Transplantation
3. Chronic Kidney Failure: Renal Replacement Therapy
4. The Recipient of A Renal Transplant
5. Access for Renal Replacement Therapy
6. Brain Death and Cardiac Death: Donor Criteria and Care of Deceased Donor
7. Medical Evaluation of the Living Donor
8. Donor Nephrectomy
9. Kidney Preservation
10. Histocompatability in Kidney Transplantation
11. Surgical Techniques of Kidney Transplantation
12. Transplantation and the Abnormal Bladder
13. Perioperative Care of Patients Undergoing Kidney Transplantation
14. Early Course of the Patient with a Kidney Transplant
15. Azathioprine and Mycophenolates
17. Calcineurin Inhibitors
18. mTor Inhibitors: Sirolimus & Everolimus
19. Antilymphocyte Globulin, Monoclonal Antibodies, and Fusion Proteins
20. Other Forms of Immunosuppression
21. Approaches to the Induction of Tolerance
22. Transplantation in the Sensitized Recipient & Across ABO Blood Groups
23. Paired Exchange Programs for Living Donors
24. Kidney allocation
25. Pathology of Kidney Transplantation
26. Biomarkers in Kidney Injury and Rejection
27. Chronic Allograft Failure
28. Vascular and Lymphatic Complications after Kidney Transplantation
29. Urological Complications after Kidney Transplantation
30. Cardiovascular Disease in Renal Transplantation
31. Infection in Kidney Transplant Recipients
32. Liver Disease among Renal Transplant Recipients
33. Neurological Complications after Kidney Transplantation
34. Cutaneous Disease in Kidney Transplantation Patients
35. Cancer in Dialysis and Transplant Patients
36. Pancreas & Kidney Transplantation for Diabetic Nephropathy
37. Kidney Transplantation in Children
38. Kidney Transplantation in Developing Countries
39. Results of Renal Transplantation
40. Psychological Aspects of Kidney Transplantation and Living Kidney Donation
41. Ethical and Legal Aspects of Kidney Donation
42. Evidence in Transplantation
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|
|Stock Status||In Stock|