Manual of Surgical Pathology, 4th Edition
- Helps you find information quickly with a user-friendly design, concise paragraphs, numbered lists, and bulleted material throughout the text.
- Reflects the latest AJCC staging information, as well as updates throughout on reporting procedures, protocols, and safety.
- Offers detailed instructions on the dissection, description, and sampling of specimens, and explains the application of pathology reports to patient management.
- Includes new videos demonstrating grossing procedures.
- Features dozens of illustrations that demonstrate the gross appearance of common pathologic lesions, and more than 150 tables that examine the interpretation of histochemical stains, immunohisto-chemical studies, electron microscopy findings, cytogenetic changes, and much more.
- Examines the specimens from every organ and system as well as bullets, medical devices, and foreign materials.
- Includes a chapter on how to avoid frequent errors and pitfalls in pathology specimen processing, and contains useful guidance on operating room consultations, safety, microscope use, and more.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
|Author Information||By Susan C. Lester, MD, PhD, Associate Pathologist, Brigham and Women's Hospital and Assistant Professor, Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, MA|
|Table of Content||
Manual of Surgical Pathology, 4e
Part One Introduction
1. Requests for Pathologic Evaluation
2. Specimen Processing: From Gross Specimens to Tissue Cassettes
3. The Histology Laboratory: What the Pathologist Needs to Know, from Tissue Cassettes to Glass Slides
4. The Surgical Pathology Report: From the Glass Slide to the Final Diagnosis
5. Consultation Reports
6. Operating Room Consultations
7. Special Studies
8. Safety Precautions
9. Microscopy and Photography
10. Approaching Perfection: Avoiding Errors in Surgical Pathology
Part Two Introduction
11. Adrenal Gland
12. Amputations and Large Resections
13. Small Biopsies
14. Bone and Joints
16. Cardiovascular Specimens
17. Cytology Specimens
19. Gastrointestinal Specimens (Including Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Specimens
20. Genitourinary Specimens
21. Gross Examination
22. Gynecologic and Perinatal Pathology
23. Head and Neck
24. Hernia Sac
26. Lung and Pleura
27. Lymph Nodes, Spleen, and Bone Marrow
28. Medical Devices and Foreign Material
29. Neuropathology Specimens
32. Soft Tissue Tumors (Sarcomas)
34. Thyroid and Parathyroid Glands
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|
|Stock Status||Coming Soon|