McKee's Pathology of the Skin , 5th Edition
Comprehensive and lavishly illustrated, McKee's Pathology of the Skin, 5th Edition, is your reference of choice for up-to-date, authoritative information on dermatopathology. You'll find clinical guidance from internationally renowned experts along with details on etiology, pathogenesis, histopathology, and differential diagnosis - making this unique reference unparalleled in its wealth of clinical and histopathological material. The 5th Edition of this classic text is a must-have resource for practicing dermatopathologists and general pathologists who sign out skin biopsies.
- Covers pathological aspects of skin diseases in addition to providing superb descriptions and illustrations of their clinical manifestations - the only available reference with this unique combination of features.
- Integrates dermatopathology, clinical correlations, and clinical photographs throughout, and features bulleted lists of clinical features and differential diagnosis tables for easy reference.
- Contains more than 5,000 superb histopathologic and clinical illustrations that demonstrate the range of histologic manifestations.
- Brings you fully up to date with key molecular aspects of disease, the capabilities and limitations of molecular diagnostics, and targeted/personalized medicine.
- Features up-to-date information on biologics, drug eruptions, and other developments in therapeutics.
- Helps you stay current with the latest diagnostic tumor markers and other new developments in immunohistochemistry.
- Includes a completely revised chapter on cutaneous lymphoma that reflects recent WHO-EORTC classification changes, as well as new coverage of sentinel lymph node biopsy for melanoma.
- Shares the knowledge of the main editor Dr. J. Eduardo Calonje, along with co-editors Thomas Brenn, and Alexander Lazar, and new co-editor Steven D. Billings who offers expertise on both dermatopathology and soft tissue tumors.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
|Author Information||By J. Eduardo Calonje, MD, DipRCPath, Director of Diagnostic Dermatopathology, Department of Dermato-Histopathology, St John's Institute of Dermatology, St Thomas' Hospital, London, UK; Thomas Brenn, MD, PhD, FRCPath, Professor of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine and Medicine, Cumming School of Medicine, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada; Alexander J Lazar, MD, PhD, Associate Professor, Departments of Pathology and Dermatology, Sections of Dermatopathology and Sarcoma Pathology, Faculty, Sarcoma Research Center and Graduate School of Biomedical Science, The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA and Steven D Billings, MD|
|Table of Content||
1. The structure and function of skin
2. Specialized techniques in dermatopathology
3. Disorders of keratinization
4. Inherited and autoimmune subepidermal blistering diseases
5. Acantholytic disorders
6. Spongiotic, psoriasiform and pustular dermatoses
7. Lichenoid and interface dermatitis
8. Superficial and deep perivascular inflammatory dermatoses
9. Granulomatous, necrobiotic and perforating dermatoses
10. Inflammatory diseases of the subcutaneous fat
11. Diseases of the oral mucosa
12. Diseases of the anogenital skin
13. Degenerative and metabolic diseases
14. Cutaneous adverse reactions to drugs
15. Neutrophilic and eosinophilic dermatoses
16. Vascular diseases
17. Idiopathic connective tissue disorders
18. Infectious diseases of the skin
19. Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS)-associated cutaneous diseases
20. Disorders of pigmentation
21. Diseases of collagen and elastic tissue
22. Diseases of the hair
23. Diseases of the nails
24. Tumors of the surface epithelium
25. Melanocytic nevi
27. Tumors of the conjunctiva
28. Sentinel lymph node biopsies
29. Cutaneous lymphoproliferative diseases and related disorders
30. Cutaneous metastases and Paget's disease of the skin
31. Tumors of the hair follicle
32. Tumors and related lesions of the sebaceous glands
33. Tumors of the sweat glands
34. Cutaneous cysts
35. Connective tissue tumors
36. Comparative dermatopathology
|Trim||291h x 252w mm|
|Stock Status||In Stock|