McRae's Elective Orthopaedics International Edition, 7th Edition
- This book is organised into two parts:
- the first part covers the relevant applied clinical sciences.
- the second part adopts a regional approach; in each region the individual diseases are described, along with non-operative and operative management.
- There are special boxes highlighting important clinical examination pearls and surgical techniques.
This new must-have text is a companion to McRae's Orthopaedic Trauma and Emergency Fracture Management, extending this much-loved family of reference guides to cover the entire range of modern orthopaedic trauma and elective practice.
McRae's Elective Orthopaedics is both an examination manual and a text on orthopaedic pathology. It offers a unique combination of subject matter and instructive illustrations in the tradition original author, Ronald McRae, to convey economically and effectively essential information for examination and management of the orthopaedic patient.
This book is organised into two parts. The first covers the relevant applied clinical sciences, and the second adopts a regional approach to the description of individual diseases and their non-operative or operative management. It is suitable for junior orthopaedic surgical trainees as well as other health professionals who encounter patients with musculoskeletal illnesses.
- Internationally respected textbook that provides in-depth knowledge across a breadth of conditions
- More than 140 new illustrations present essential information in a unique 'picture book' style
- Concise and accessible - perfect for orthopaedic surgical trainees
- Practical tips, clinical examination pearls and surgical techniques - ideal for use on the wards
- Learning enhanced with anatomical illustrations, diagrams, radiographic imaging and clinical photos, accompanied by descriptions of the background to each condition
- Updated to include modern investigation and management
|Author Information||By Paul Jenkins, MBChB MD FRCSEd(Tr & Orth) MFSTEd, Consultant Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgeon; Clinical Director - Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgery, Glasgow Royal Infirmary; Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer, University of Glasgow; David W Shields, MBChB, MRCS, MSc, Orthopaedic StR, Trauma & Orthopaedics, West of Scotland Deanery, UK and Timothy O White, BMedSci, MBChB, FRCSEd (Tr & Orth), MD, Consultant Orthopaedic Trauma Surgeon, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh; Honorary Senior Lecturer in the Department of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, University of Edinburgh, UK|
|Trim||234 x 156 (6 1/8 x 9 1/4)|
|Stock Status||Coming Soon|