McRae's Orthopaedic Trauma and Emergency Fracture Management , 3rd Edition
- McRae's Orthopaedic Trauma and Emergency Fracture Management utilises a detailed descriptive and didactic style, alongside a wealth of illustrations all completely redrawn for this book.
- The first section on general principles in orthopaedic trauma deals with basic terminology and classification, principles of closed and operative management of fractures, infection and complications.
- The main section provides a regional review of specific injuries, each following a logical sequence describing emergency department and orthopaedic management, and outlining a safe and widely accepted management strategy. Each chapter begins with an overview of the relevant anatomy and principles of the examination of the patient.
- The book provides a comprehensive overview of both surgical as well as conservative management of orthopaedic trauma injuries.
This book is derived from Ronald McRae's Pocketbook of Orthopaedics and Fractures, a highly successful 'survival guide' for the trainee working in accident and emergency or orthopaedic departments. Retaining the underlying principles of the original editions this comprehensive rewrite and re-presentation provides complete coverage of orthopaedic trauma surgery as relevant to contemporary practice.
- McRae's Orthopaedic Trauma and Emergency Fracture Management
|Author Informaiton||By Timothy O White, BMedSci, MBChB, FRCSEd (Tr &Orth), MD, Consultant in Orthopaedic Trauma Surgery, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh; Honorary Senior Lecturer in the Department of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, University of Edinburgh; Samuel P Mackenzie, BMed Sci, MBChB, MRCS, Specialty Trainee, Trauma and Orthopaedic, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh; Honorary Teaching Fellow, University of Edinburgh and Alasdair J Gray, MBChB, FRCS, FCEM, MD, Consultant in Accident and Emergency Medicine, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh; College Professor of Emergency Medicine, University of Edinburgh|
"Succinct, didactic (entertaining, authoritative and reference-free) survival guide for junior doctors."
The Bone and Joint Journal
"The book .. would be a valuable reference book for nurses working within any aspect of trauma care. It should be used for study and practice advice alongside an orthopaedic nursing text especially now that there are so few opportunities for nurses to acquire specialist orthopaedic and trauma education and qualifications."
International Journal of Orthopaedic and Trauma Nursing
"This is an excellent book for clerks or junior trainees needing a quick introduction to the complexity of orthopedic trauma. Illustrations are well chosen and highly effective. The book reflects the maturity of a publication that has seen multiple editions and maintains consistency with a small group of writers."
-David J. Dries, MD (University of Minnesota Medical School) for Doody's Review Service
"This is an excellent, well priced practical book which is well written, informative and very easy to look up and read around a topic quickly. For the right person, this should represent a good investment and the excellent illustrations and explanatory text coupled with the high production values makes this a classy product."
-Dr. Harry Brown, April 2016
|Table of Content||
Part 1: General Principles
Part 2: Specific injuries by region
|Trim||234 x 156 (6 1/8 x 9 1/4)|
|Stock Status||In Stock|