Muscle Biopsy, 5th Edition
For more than 45 years, Muscle Biopsy: A Practical Approach has offered, comprehensive, clinically-focused coverage of the acquisition, interpretation, and assessment of muscle biopsies - an area often only lightly covered in pathology texts. Taking an integrated approach that includes clinical, genetic, biochemical, and pathological features, the 5th Edition covers the full range of muscle disease in both adults and children. This highly illustrated, easy-to-use volume helps you navigate this challenging area, bridging the gap between clinical syndromes/disorders and their underlying pathologies.
- Fully updated 5th edition of this internationally acclaimed classic in muscle pathology.
- Written by internationally recognized world leaders in the field of muscle pathology.
- Comprehensive coverage of histology, histochemistry, immunocytochemistry and electron microscopy in parallel with clinical and genetic advances.
- Lavishly illustrated with over 600 full colour images.
- Fully updated literature review.
- Comprehensive update on the rapidly expanding field of neuromuscular disorders.
- 4th edition Highly Commended in Pathology category of the prestigious 2014 BMA Medical Book Awards.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase , which allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
|Author Information||By Victor Dubowitz, MD, PhD, FRCP, FRCPCH, Emeritus Professor of Paediatrics Dubowitz Neuromuscular Centre Institute of Child Health London, UK ; Caroline A. Sewry, BSc, PhD, FRCPath, Professor of Muscle Pathology Dubowitz Neuromuscular Centre Institute of Child Health/Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children London, UK; Wolfson Centre for Inherited Neuromuscular Diseases Department of Musculoskeletal Pathology Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital Oswestry, UK and Anders Oldfors, MD PhD, Professor of Pathology Sahlgrenska Academy University of Gothenburg Gothenburg, Sweden|
"This is one of the most practical muscle pathology textbooks and is a must-have for practicing and training neuropathologists. It would be a great addition to a personal or departmental library."
-© Doody's Review Service, 2021, Emile Pinarbasi, M.D. Ph.D. (University of Michigan Medical School) Score: 90-4 Stars!
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|
|Stock Status||In Stock|