Nolte's The Human Brain E-Book, 8th Edition
Throughout seven popular editions, Nolte's The Human Brain has accomplished the challenging task of demystifying the complexities of the gross anatomy of the brain, spinal cord, and brainstem. A clear writing style, interesting examples, and high-quality visual cues bring this complicated subject to life and make it more understandable and enjoyable to learn. You'll get the depth of coverage you need with a well-rounded presentation of all key topics in functional neuroanatomy and neuroscience.
- Features highly templated, concise chapters that reinforce and expand your knowledge.
- Provides a real-life perspective through clinically relevant examples, up-to-date neuroimaging techniques, and superb illustrations that support and explain the text.
- Features a glossary of key terms that elucidates every part of the text, complimented by 3-dimensional images of the brain and the most up-to-date terminology throughout.
- Helps you gauge your mastery of the material and build confidence with over 100 multiple choice questions available online that provide effective chapter review and quick practice for your exams.
- New! Clinical Focus Boxes, including neuropathology and neuropharmacology.
- New! Integrated coverage of neurogenetics and neuroimmunology.
- Evolve Instructor site with an image and test bank is available to instructors through their Elsevier sales rep or via request at https://evolve.elsevier.com.
|Author Information||By Todd Vanderah, PhD, Professor and Head, Department of Pharmacology, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona and Douglas J Gould, PhD, Professor and Vice Chair, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine, Rochester, Michigan|
|Table of Content||
1. Introduction to the Nervous System
2. Development of the Nervous System
3. Gross Anatomy and general Organization of the Central Nervous System
4. Meningeal Coverings of the Brain and Spinal Cord
5. Ventricles and Cerebrospinal Fluid
6. Blood Supply of the Brain
7. Electrical Signaling by Neurons
8. Synaptic Transmission between Neurons
9. Sensory Receptors and the Peripheral Nervous System
10. Spinal Cord
11. Organization of the Brainstem
12. Cranial Nerves and Their Nuclie
13. The Chemical Senses of Taste and Smell
14. Hearing and Balance: The Eight Cranial Nerve
15. Atlas o the Human Brainstem
16. The Thalamus and Internal Capsule: Getting to and from the Cerebral Cortex
17. The Visual System
18. Overview of Motor Systems
19. Basal Nuclei
21. Control of Eye Movements
22. Cerebral Cortex
23. Drives and Emotions: The Hypothalamus and Limbic System
24. Formation, Modification, and Repair of Neuronal Connections
25. Atlas of the Human Forebrain
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|
|Stock Status||In Stock|