Nunn's Applied Respiratory Physiology E-Book , 7th Edition
· Covers respiratory physiology in health, disease and many other situations such as exercise, sleep, smoking, anaesthesia, drowning, anaemia and pregnancy. Environmental factors such as altitude, flying, high pressure, closed environments and air pollution are also covered
· The only book that combines detailed descriptions of respiration in both normal and abnormal situations, particularly in respiratory disease.
· Liberally illustrated with simple, clear, line diagrams and tables.
Nunn's Applied Respiratory Physiology, Seventh Edition covers all aspects of respiratory physiology in health, disease, and altered conditions and environments, from basic science to clinical applications.
- Includes functional anatomy, mechanics, control of breathing, ventilation, circulation, ventilation-perfusion matching, diffusion, carbon dioxide and oxygen, and non-respiratory functions of the lung.
- Discusses the effects of pregnancy, exercise, sleep, altitude, pressure, drowning, smoking, anaesthesia, hypocapnia, hypercarbia, hypoxia, hyperoxia, and anaemia on respiratory physiology.
- Explores specific clinical disorders such as ventilatory failure, airways disease, pulmonary vascular disease, parenchymal lung disease, and acute lung injury, as well as the physiological basis of current therapies, including artificial ventilation, extrapulmonary gas exchange, and lung transplantation.
- Chapter on Parenchymal Lung Disease has been specifically expanded to include the physiology and pathology of the pleural space and lung cancer.
- Contains a new chapter on Pulmonary Surgery, covering a wide range of surgical interventions from bronchoscopy to lung resection.
- Includes almost 500 new references to the literature.
The result is an invaluable source for those preparing for examinations in anaesthesia and intensive care, as well as an essential purchase for practitioners who want quick reference to current knowledge.
- Describes respiration in health and disease and in normal and abnormal situations, to help readers manage all conditions they see in their practices.
- Examines the respiratory effects of exercise, sleep, smoking, anaesthesia, drowning, anaemia, pregnancy, and other events as well as environmental factors such as altitude, flying, high pressure, closed environments, and air pollution on respiration.
- Maintains the clarity of style and single-author approach of previous editions through the close collaboration of Andrew Lumb and John Nunn.
- Makes difficult concepts easy to understand and apply with nearly 300 illustrations.
|Author Informaiton||By Andrew B. Lumb, MB, BS, FRCA, Consultant Anaesthetist, Senior Clinical Lecturer in Anaesthesia, St James's Hospital, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK|
|Table of Content||
Part 1 Basic Principles
Our ebooks are Vitalsource files to open with the Bookshelf library. Here are the steps to quickly read your eBook.
- Create your account on the Vitalsource Bookshelf
- Insert the access code that will be sent to you by email or found on your account, section "my ebooks"
- Validate and your ebook is available
Namely: you can consult your eBook either online or after downloading the application Bookshelf on your tablet / smartphone.
Four downloads are possible: two on a landline and two on mobile. VitalSource technology allows you to read, navigate, search, highlight and annotate your work with ease and synchronization across multiple media.
A question about how to download and read your ebook? Click here If you have any difficulty accessing your e-books, please contact us via our contact form or call us on the following number: 01 71 16 55 99. Our services are open Monday to Thursday from 9 am to 6 pm hours and Fridays from 9am to 5pm.