Operative Techniques: Orthopaedic Trauma Surgery E-Book , 2nd Edition
Part of the practical, highly illustrated Operative Techniques series, this fully revised book from Drs. Emil H. Schemitsch and Michael D. McKee brings you up to speed with must-know surgical techniques in today's technically demanding orthopaedic trauma surgery. Step-by-step, evidence-based guidance walks you through both common and unique cases you're likely to see in your practice, including upper extremity, lower extremity, spine, pelvis, and acetabulum trauma. Practical features such as pearls of wisdom, key points, and potential pitfalls detailed by the authors in order to successfully manage patients with complex fracture patterns have all been reinforced in this new edition.
- Includes all-new chapters on Acromioclavicular Joint Injuries, Sternoclavicular Joint Open Reduction and Internal Fixation, Intramedullary Fixation of Clavicle Shaft Fractures, Use of the Reamer Irrigator Aspirator (RIA) for Bone Graft Harvesting, Fractures of the Posterior Tibial Plateau, Reverse Total Shoulder Arthroplasty for Proximal Humerus Fractures, and many more.
- Features high-quality line drawings, diagnostic and intraoperative images, and radiographs alongside expert technical guidance on instrumentation, placement, step-by-step instructions and more - all supported by best evidence.
- A bulleted, highly templated format allows for quick understanding of surgical techniques.
- Outlines positioning, exposures, instrumentation, and implants to equip you to be more thoroughly prepared for every procedure.
- Offers post-operative management guidelines and discussions of expected outcomes to help you avoid mistakes and offer quality, patient-focused care.
|Author Informaiton||By Emil Schemitsch, Professor, University of Toronto, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Toronto, Canada. and Michael D. McKee|
|Table of Content||
PART I: SHOULDER
A: Rotator Cuff
2. Rotator Cuff Repair: Open Technique for Partial-Thickness or Small or Medium Full-Thickness Tears
3. Rotator Cuff Repair: Arthroscopic Technique for Partial-Thickness or Small or Medium Full-Thickness Tears
4. Open Repair of Rotator Cuff Tears
5. Arthroscopic Repair of Massive Rotator Cuff Tears
6. Operative Fixation of Symptomatic Os Acromiale
B: Arthritic Shoulder
7. Humeral Head Resurfacing Arthroplasty,
8. Humeral Hemiarthroplasty with Biologic Glenoid Resurfacing
9. Total Shoulder Arthroplasty
10. Rotator Cuff Tear Arthroplasty: Open Surgical Treatment
11. Open Unconstrained Revision Shoulder Arthroplasty
12. Closed Treatment of Shoulder Dislocations
13. Arthroscopic Treatment of Traumatic Anterior Instability of the Shoulder
14. Open Treatment of Anterior-Inferior Multidirectional Instability of the Shoulder
15. Arthroscopic Treatment of Anterior-Inferior Multidirectional Instability of the Shoulder
16. Anterior Glenohumeral Instability Associated with Glenoid or Humeral Bone Deficiency: The Latarjet Procedure
17. Open Treatment of Posterior-Inferior Shoulder Instability
18. Arthroscopic Treatment of Posterior-Inferior Multidirectional Instability of the Shoulder
19. Open Bankart Procedure for Recurrent Anterior Shoulder Dislocation
D: Biceps Tendon
20. Mini-Open Biceps Tenodesis
21. Arthroscopic Biceps Tenodesis
22. SLAP Lesion: Arthroscopic Reconstruction of the Labrum and Biceps Anchor
23. Treatment of the Unstable Shoulder with Humeral Head Bone Loss
24. Open Distal Clavicle Excision
25. Arthroscopic Distal Clavicle Resection
26. Open Treatment of Acute and Chronic Acromioclavicular Dislocations
27. Sternoclavicular Joint Reconstruction Using Semitendinosus Graft
28. Open Reduction and Internal Fixation of Acute Midshaft Clavicular Fractures
29. Intramedullary Fixation of Clavicle Fractures
30. Operative Treatment of Two-Part Proximal Humerus Fractures
31. Open Reduction and Internal Fixation of Three- and Four-Part Proximal Humerus Fractures
32. Percutaneous Fixation of Proximal Humerus Fractures
33. Proximal Humerus Fractures: Hemiarthroplasty
34. Operative Management of Scapular Fractures
35. Surgical Approaches to the Shoulder
36. Arthrodesis of the Shoulder
37. Open and Arthroscopic Suprascapular Nerve Decompression
38. Scapular Surgery
39. Adhesive Capsulitis
40. Arthroscopic Treatment of Calcific Tendinitis in the Shoulder
41. Nerve Transfers for Shoulder and Elbow Restoration after Upper Trunk Brachial Plexus Injuries
42. Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
43. Suprascapular Nerve Neuropathy
PART II: ELBOW
44. Surgical Approaches for Open Treatment of the Elbow
B: Elbow Arthroscopy
45. Arthroscopy of the Elbow: Setup and Portals
46. Elbow Arthritis and Stiffness: Open Treatment
47. Elbow Arthritis and Stiffness: Arthroscopic Treatment
48. Radial Head Fractures: Radial Head Replacement
49. Total Elbow Arthroplasty
50. Total Elbow Arthroplasty for the Treatment of Complex Distal Humerus Fractures
51. Radiocapitellar Replacement
52. Revision Total Elbow Arthroplasty
D: Soft Tissue Pathology
53. Medial Epicondylitis: Open Treatment
54. Lateral Epicondylitis: Arthroscopic and Open Treatment
55. Repair of Distal Biceps Tendon Ruptures
56. Repair and Reconstruction of the Ruptured Triceps
57. Endoscopic Cubital Tunnel Release
58. Submuscular Ulnar Nerve Transposition
59. Surgical Decompression for Radial Tunnel Syndrome
60. Distal Humerus Fractures, Including Isolated Distal Lateral Column and Capitellar Fractures
61. Radial Head Fractures: Open Reduction and Internal Fixation
62. Open Treatment of Complex Traumatic Elbow Instability
63. Surgical Reconstruction of Longitudinal Radioulnar Dissociation (Essex-Lopresti Injury)
64. Ulnar Collateral Ligament Reconstruction Using the Modified Jobe Technique
65. Lateral Ulnar Collateral Ligament Reconstruction
66. Soft Tissue Coverage
67. Operative Management of Olecranon Bursitis
68. Elbow Arthroscopic Débridement for Osteochondritis Dissecans
Our ebooks are Vitalsource files to open with the Bookshelf library. Here are the steps to quickly read your eBook.
- Create your account on the Vitalsource Bookshelf
- Insert the access code that will be sent to you by email or found on your account, section "my ebooks"
- Validate and your ebook is available
Namely: you can consult your eBook either online or after downloading the application Bookshelf on your tablet / smartphone.
Four downloads are possible: two on a landline and two on mobile. VitalSource technology allows you to read, navigate, search, highlight and annotate your work with ease and synchronization across multiple media.
A question about how to download and read your ebook? Click here If you have any difficulty accessing your e-books, please contact us via our contact form or call us on the following number: 01 71 16 55 99. Our services are open Monday to Thursday from 9 am to 6 pm hours and Fridays from 9am to 5pm.