10 % off Paperback
Opie's Cardiovascular Drugs: A Companion to Braunwald's Heart Disease, 9th Edition
Authoritative, portable, and up to date, Opie's Cardiovascular Drugs, 9th Edition, is the definitive reference for quick access to frequently used drugs in all phases of care for cardiac patients. Now a part of the Braunwald family of renowned cardiology references, this compact title provides crucial information in an easily accessible format-ideal for cardiologists, residents, cardiology fellows, medical students, nurses, and other cardiac care providers. Updated to include the latest guidelines and evidence-based implications, it offers clear and concise explanations and pertinent clinical facts for all classes of cardiac drugs, as well as all the latest clinical trial results and evidence for the pharmacologic treatment of heart disease.
- Uses a new, consistent format for each drug class: overview and guidelines for use, mechanisms of action, differences among drugs in class, data for use, side effects, and drug interactions.
- Covers key topics such as new ESC and NLA guidelines, advances in lipid-lowering therapy, new diabetes drugs that improve cardiovascular outcomes, obesity drugs and cardiovascular and metabolic effects, drugs targeting inflammation, and combinations of antithrombotic therapies with analysis of risk-benefit.
- Provides guidance on how to effectively manage comorbid diseases.
- Contains dozens of unique "Opiegram diagrams that demystify complex mechanisms of action and other drug processes-many updated to reflect current pathologic understanding of mechanisms.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase, which allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices
|Author Information||By Deepak L. Bhatt, MD, MPH, Executive Director of Interventional Cardiovascular Programs, Brigham and Women's Hospital Heart and Vascular Center; Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA|
"All-in-all Opie's Cardiovascular Drugs: A Companion to Braunwald's Heart Disease Ninth Edition superbly edited by Dr Deepak L Bhatt remains true to its original vision and will continue to be a valuable resource for anyone wanting to update themself or revise cardiovascular medicine." -Prakash P Punjabi, Editor-in-Chief, Perfusion
|Table of Content||1. Drugs for Ischemic Heart Disease 2. Antihypertensive Therapies 3. Drugs for Heart Failure 4. Drugs for Diabetes 5. Drugs for Obesity 6. Lipid-Modifying Drugs 7. Drugs Targeting Inflammation 8. Antithrombotic Drugs 9. Antiarrhythmic Drugs 10. Vascular Medicine Drugs 11. Drugs for Pulmonary Hypertension|
|Trim||187 x 111 (4 3/8 x 7 3/8)|
|Stock Status||In Stock|
Write Your Own Review