10 % off Paperback
Opticianry is a large and growing ophthalmic specialty. This practical resource provides readers with a basic working knowledge of optics and office procedures. Offering a solid foundation of "need to know" information within about 4 weeks, this handbook is an ideal, basic reference for the non-optician receiving on-the-job training.
- Essential information is presented in a clear and easily digested format.
- A trainer schedule/checklist provides consistency in training.
- Coverage of optics provides readers with the basic knowledge they need.
- Assessments are included at the end of each section to help assess the level of knowledge. Answers are included at the end of the book.
- Each level begins with objectives and a list of tasks to master, so readers know exactly what is expected of them prior to beginning each section.
- Up to date references and suggested readings refer the reader to additional titles for more in-depth coverage.
- Basic line drawings of anatomy and spectacle lenses enhance reader understanding and comprehension of each topic presented.
|Author Informaiton||By Davey M. Wooton, ABOC, Lake Charles, LA|
|Published Reviews||REVIEW OF CURRENT EDITION:
"Most optical books presume the reader has some basic knowledge to build upon. This book, however, makes no assumptions and guides the reader through the steps necessary to become proficient with the foundations of everyday optics. The author did a very commendable job in achieving these important and necessary objectives. Learning optics can be intimidating for many but this book simplifies the important concepts in a succinct and easy to follow format. Every office that hires opticians or optical assistants should have a copy of this book."
- Doody Enterprises
|Table of Content||Preface
Introductory Material for the Trainer
Level 1 Schedule
Common Office Equipment
Level 1 Assessment
Level 2 Schedule
Light & Refraction
Basic Written Eyeglasses Prescription
Lens Coatings & "Extras"
Basic Written Contact Lens Prescription
Level 2 Assessment
Level 3 Schedule
More About Lenses
Level 3 Assessment
Level 4 Schedule
Job Orders & Sales
Dispensing Contact Lenses
Level 4 Assessment
Answers to Assessments
|Stock Status||In Stock|
Write Your Own Review