Linking theory to practice through the use of authentic clinical cases, Dr. Steven D. Waldman's Pain Medicine: A Case-Based Learning Series helps readers acquire the valuable skill of effective diagnostic thinking in daily practice. The Spine volume uses an in-depth case format, preparing you to correctly analyze clinical vignettes and formulate a clinically sound, evidence-based approach to realistic patient scenarios. This highly effective leaning and assessment tool provides practical clinical insights into the best methods for diagnosis and treatment for the successful management of patients with spine-related pain.
- Presents real-world patients in a real-world clinical setting, making learning fun and engaging.
- The Case-Based Learning approach focuses learners and clinicians on the key elements for each diagnosis and helps develop a deep understanding of how to diagnose and treat each condition.
- Covers everyday clinical problems such as Herniated Disc, Lumbar Strain, Thoracic Vertebral Compression Fracture, Epidural Abscess, Spondylosis, Spinal Stenosis, Sacroiliac Joint Pain, and more.
- Cases unfold just the way they do in your clinic. Each case is accompanied with thoughtful clinical commentary and key messages from the author.
- Each chapter uses high-quality radiographic images, clinical photos, and full-color drawings to facilitate a clear, easy-to-understand approach to evaluation and diagnosis.
- An ideal self-assessment and review tool for pain medicine practitioners and trainees, as well as those preparing for the American Board of Anesthesiology Pain Medicine certification and recertification exam.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
|Author Information||By Steven D. Waldman, MD, JD, Clinical Professor of Anesthesiology, Professor of Medical Humanities and Bioethics, University of Missouri-Kansas City, Missouri U.S.A.|
|Table of Content|| Front Matter
1 Mimi Braverman: A 68-year-old Female with Acute Worsening Neck and Occipital Pain
2 Alex Searcy: A 58-year-old Female with Acute Neck Pain
3 Manny Perez: A 48-year-old Male with Neck Pain Radiating into the Right Shoulder
4 Olga Fedorov: A 78-year-old Female with a 2 1/2 Week History of Neck Pain Radiating into the Left Upper Extremity
5 Bill Miller: 55-year-old Male with a 6 Week History of Neck and Left Upper Extremity Pain
6 Van Nguyen: A 36-year-old Male with the Inability to Feel Temperature Above the Umbilicus on the Right with Associated Upper and Lower Extremity Weakness
7 Elsa Hartvigsen: An 89-year-old Female with Sharp Pain Between the Shoulder Blades
8 Cam Johnson: A 15-year-old Female with Severe Back Pain and an Inability to Walk
9 Dre Love: A 28-year-old Male with Acute Low Back Pain
10 Andy "Axel" Rhodes: A 42-year-old Male with Acute Low Back Pain that Radiates into His Shin with Associated Numbness
11 Doris Chopp: A 58-year-old Female with Right Leg Weakness and Back Pain
12 Amy Turner: A 28-year-old Female with Severe Low Back Pain that Radiates into the Right Calf
13 Carmen Delarosa: A 26-year-old Female with Back Pain and Bilateral Lower Extremity Weakness
14 Declan Mulroney: A 48-year-old Male with Lower Extremity Cramping and Weakness with Ambulation
15 Estella Navarro: A 28-year-old Female with Deep Aching in Her Right Low Back and Right Buttock
|Trim||229 x 152 (6 x 9)|
|Stock Status||Coming Soon|