Linking theory to practice through the use of authentic clinical cases, Dr. Steven D. Waldman's Pain Medicine: A Case-Based Learning Series helps readers acquire the valuable skill of effective diagnostic thinking in daily practice. The Spine volume uses an in-depth case format, preparing you to correctly analyze clinical vignettes and formulate a clinically sound, evidence-based approach to realistic patient scenarios. This highly effective leaning and assessment tool provides practical clinical insights into the best methods for diagnosis and treatment for the successful management of patients with spine-related pain.
- Presents real-world patients in a real-world clinical setting, making learning fun and engaging.
- The Case-Based Learning approach focuses learners and clinicians on the key elements for each diagnosis and helps develop a deep understanding of how to diagnose and treat each condition.
- Covers everyday clinical problems such as Herniated Disc, Lumbar Strain, Thoracic Vertebral Compression Fracture, Epidural Abscess, Spondylosis, Spinal Stenosis, Sacroiliac Joint Pain, and more.
- Cases unfold just the way they do in your clinic. Each case is accompanied with thoughtful clinical commentary and key messages from the author.
- Each chapter uses high-quality radiographic images, clinical photos, and full-color drawings to facilitate a clear, easy-to-understand approach to evaluation and diagnosis.
- An ideal self-assessment and review tool for pain medicine practitioners and trainees, as well as those preparing for the American Board of Anesthesiology Pain Medicine certification and recertification exam.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
|Author Information||By Steven D. Waldman, MD, JD, Clinical Professor of Anesthesiology, Professor of Medical Humanities and Bioethics, University of Missouri-Kansas City, Missouri U.S.A.|
|Table of Content||
1. Odontoid Process Subluxation in Rheumatoid Arthritis
2. Cervical Strain
3. C5 Herniated Disc
4. C6 Herniated Disc
5. C7 Herniated Disc
6. Cervical Myelopathy
7. Thoracic Vertebral Compression Fracture
8. Epidural Abscess
9. Lumbar Strain
10. L4 Herniated Disc
11. L5 Herniated Disc
14. Spinal Stenosis
15. Sacroiliac Joint Pain
|Trim||229 x 152 (6 x 9)|
|Stock Status||Coming Soon|