Pathology Case Reports
- Covers core, high-yield content in a practical, concise, easy-to-read manner.
- Features case scenarios, clinical pearls, tables, imaging, microscopic and gross illustrations, as well as Beyond the Pearls tips and secrets (all evidence-based with references) that provide deep coverage of core material.
- Teaches how to learn with a patient-focused, clinical approach, including a thorough discussion of the underlying pathology for every case.
- Includes questions throughout the case that put you in the physician's place and demonstrate the decision making that is needed both in the hospital and on exams.
- Cases have been carefully chosen and cover scenarios and questions frequently encountered on the USMLE, shelf exams, and clinical practice, integrating both basic science and clinical pearls.
- Written and edited by experienced teachers and clinicians; each case has been reviewed by board certified attending/practicing physicians.
- Case Reports: Beyond the Pearls titles are ideal for all medical students, especially those in case-based, problem-based, or integrated courses, and during clinical rotations.
- Student Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
|Author Information||Edited by Monisha Bhanote, MD, Breast Pathology Fellow, University of Rochester, Strong Memorial Hospital; and David G. Hicks, MD, Professor, Director, Surgical Pathology Unit, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York|
|Table of Content||
1. Introduction to Pathology/Primer
a. Definitions (Benign/Malignant, Biopsy/Excision/Resections)
b. Ancillary studies (Immunohistochemistry, Special Stains, Molecular Studies)
c. Interpretation of pathology report
2. Oral Cavity/ENT
b. Salivary glands
c. Nasal polyps
3. Gastrointestinal System, Liver and Pancreas
b. Pancreatic neoplasms
c. Hepatitis (infectious/autoimmune)
d. Gallbladder diseases
g. Small bowel
4. Male Genital System
a. Testicular neoplasms
5. Female Genital System
a. Vulvar/Vaginal neoplasia
c. Uterus (benign and malignant tumors)
e. Gyn pap smears
a. Fibrocystic change
b. Benign tumors
c. Malignant tumors
7. Genitourinary System
a. Glomerular Diseases
b. Renal cell carcinoma
c. Bladder tumors
8. Respiratory System
a. Obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD/Asthma)
b. Intersitital lung disease
c. Infectious (Pneumo, Crypto, Histo, Aspergillus)
e. Pleural based lesions
9. Musculoskeletal System
a. Bone forming tumors
b. Cartilage forming tumors
c. Fibrous and Fibrous-osseous tumors
e. Fatty tumors (lipoma/liposarcoma)
f. Synovial sarcoma
a. Dermatoses (acute, inflammartory, infectious)
b. Blistering (bullous) disorders
c. Malignant epithelial tumors (SCC,BCC)
d. Melanocytic lesions
11. Nervous System
b. Degenerative diseases/dementias
12. Hematopoietic System
a. Red blood cell disorders/ Anemias
|Trim||229 x 152 (6 x 9)|
|Stock Status||In Stock|